Spoils of War.(Zhongli x Kaeya)

bg: The archons are divided into a messy and long war(The Archin War); one of the archons, more specifically the geo archon(Zhongli) has allied with the fire archon(Murata) with a sudden interest in capturing Mondstadt. Murata favors war and will do anything to uphold her contract with Zhongli — which is successfully helping him capture Mondstadt —which helps her towards her goals.

———

"The archons and their forces have ambushed us near the gate of Mondstadt— We need everyone on the battlefield immediately!"

A Favonius Knight burst through the heavy metal doors of the HQ, the rattling sound of the doors clanging against the wall enough to alert anyone of the urgency of the situation. Jean and Kaeya both looked up at the knight from where they were discussing plans at, pausing all conversation. The room was silent for a moment and the atmosphere tense as everyone stared at Jean for a few pressuring seconds.

Jean cleared her throat.

"Alright everybody, gear up, we're getting there as soon as we can! This is an urgent situation you hear me?! Bust your asses right this second if you wanna save Mondstadt!" She demanded loudly.

The knights all cheered and the room blurred into a bustle of knights heading to the armory, their dorm, etc. Jean and Kaeya also took off to prepare for the upcoming bloodshed.

————
At the battlefield. Along the way of getting there, Jean has informed everyone of a battle formation and plan.

The knights crept along the top of the wall before flying down to attempt driving their swords into the skulls of the opposing force. With some success, a few knights managed to ambush and deplete a little of the enemy forces. They still had a long way to go though, as the enemy army stretched long and far.

Many clanging swords could be heard as the opposing knights fought for their honor.

Jean brandished a long and thin luminescent blue blade. She easily knocked down the opponents she faced, her own independent army. Kaeya, on the other hand confidently held a beautiful yet lethal navy blue sword encrusted with a bright blue. As he faced his enemies with grace, you'd know why the position of a Cavalry Captain was his own.

Suddenly, a deafening explosion of dirt caked the atmosphere. Tiny pieces of dirt flew from the newly made hole in the ground. Everyone's attention shifted towards the explosion. Out of the ground emerged 2 flying and dangerous archons; Zhongli and Murata.

..

"Miss us?" Murata hysterically laughed, their army marveling at the two's grand entrance.

Kaeya watched them in the sky. Zhongli snapped his head over and made eye contact. Kaeya felt uneasy for a moment. Chills travelled amongst his spine as Zhongli stared at him. Kaeya couldn't be sure if Zhongli was directly staring at him or not.. Surely I'm just paranoid, right? Kaeya thought to himself as he saw the archons practically levitate.

Anyone who wasn't paying enough attention had been most likely killed already. The battle had no time for distractions. The 2 archons descended and began working on annihilating the knights.

————

I defeated my opponents mercilessly, swinging my blue sword around carelessly.

"Kaeya!! We need to distract the archons!! I'll distract Murata, you get Zhongli! They're defeating our people faster than we are defeating them!" Jean yelled over to me.

I didn't want to accept it, but she was right. If we were going to even have a chance at victory, we would need to take the archons out of the problem. The easiest way to do that would be to distract them whilst our men and women fought their forces off.