Door 4 - Koujaku

“Why not?” You asked yourself, turning right and facing the door marked ‘4’. The door itself was unmarked, no dints or corrosions in the plaster work. Shrugging it off, you pushed down the handle attentively, letting the light from the hallway seep into the darkened room. Saying that, there were a few sources of flickering light coming from the hanging lanterns in the corners of the room; a red lava lamp bubbling silently on top of the drawers in its calming way. There was a Japanese futon lying askew in the middle of the area; a pattern of lotus flowers flowing up the side in an embroidered subtleness. The walls were painted a deep shade of red, almost maroon, the ceiling a dull creamy white, although it did look a lot darker than it probably was, due to the wavering light emanating from the lava lamp and lanterns.

“Who’s room is this?” There was nothing significant indicating whose room it was, and you tried to sort out the possible candidates. “Not Aoba’s, no way; there’s no blue in here. Clear? Doubt it. I don’t think its Noiz’s or Mizuki’s so... Koujaku’s?”

“Yes my lady?” You spun around so fast the rug underneath your feet twisted and crumpled, wrapping itself around your feet like a snake. With a little squeak of surprise you stumbled and tripped, falling towards the door with gaining velocity. You quickly extended your arms for support, but before you hit the ground two strong hands grabbed your forearms and swung you around, so you fell with your back against his chest and arms crossed against your navel. It took a few seconds for you to regain your breath and fully understand what just occurred; since being pressed against someone’s abs wasn’t something that popped up in everyday life. At least, not on this out-of-place island.

“K-Koujaku? Can you let go of me now?”

“Very well.” He released your arms, steadying you as you retrieved the dignity to stand upright without slipping. You looked down at the rug, which was scrunched up in a creased catastrophe.

“Sorry about ruining your rug Koujaku. I’ll straighten it out...” You paused when you saw his humorous gaze fixed on you, a gentle laugh escaping from his lips.

“Are you sure you want to do that?” You were puzzled, caught off guard by the man’s unorthodox question. Taking in your puzzled expression, he sighed good-naturedly and gestured with a sway of his arm, your costume. You remembered with a blush that you were still wearing that ridiculous outfit from earlier. Koujaku winked flirtatiously and said: “I don’t think you want to bend over in that.”

“S-Shut up!” You replied quickly, your blush slyly creeping across your cheeks in a vivid red.

“You almost match the walls now.” Koujaku stated simply, grinning like a young, eccentric child. You began to stutter your resignation, when suddenly something clicked into place.

“You’re doing this on purpose aren’t you?" Koujaku laughed in response, his crimson eyes glittering with his shameless jokes. You huffed in embarrassment, pouting and crossing your arms in a mock tantrum. How could you be angry at this dude anyway?

“Okay, I’ll stop teasing you. But you just look so cute when you blush.” He sighed and gazed at you gently, his entrancing eyes capturing you in his gaze. Somehow you got the sense that the mysterious man had something more on his mind. “There was something I wanted to say... (name)?”

“Oh, yeah. Sure. Go ahead.” His statement snapped you from your daydreaming, and you noted there was a slight tint of pink adorning his cheeks. He took one step forwards, his long fringe swaying in a handsome way; a slight smile accentuating his masculine features.

“You’re so beautiful...” He was a few steps away, but he extended one arm and brushed a stray hair from your face. You felt your stomach flip, a lump rising in your throat. Koujaku drew his face closer, his breath tickling your ear and making ripples run through your body. “I think I- like you...”