#19 ban him from Anastasia

Start from the beginning

I scoffed, “like you are the one to talk about sleeping around and commitment- you have slept with every girl in school and half in college.”

“But I know that you have a future better than the life you are leading.”

I paused. His words hit home a bit and I was stunned into silence. What do I say to that?

“I know,” was my reply and neither of us said anything else for a few minutes.

“You will go so far in life, and if you dare doubt yourself- just look how far you’ve come already. You looked after your daughter whilst balancing school work and the average teenage life; not many other people would have managed that.”

“But you have a future too,” I countered but he just shook his head. Before I let him speak, I held my hand up to silence him. “You are interested in cars, or any motor, and that is obvious- why don’t you make a business out of it? You could make money, have a family and do all the things you want to do in life.”

“I’m more than likely going to jail for a long time, and nobody wants to date a guy who’s been in jail. They’re trouble…I mean I could get into serious trouble if Blake reports me. Being a bad boy is one thing, being in jail for assault is another.”

I could see it eating away at him- the tough bad boy I knew was breaking in front of me. I went up to him and hugged him. I owed it to him after all he’d done for me. “Hey, you’ll get your princess one day, and I’ll get my prince.”

“I already have my eyes on somebody,” he whispered in my ear. A part of me broke inside but another part was jumping for joy that he might be thinking about dating someone for real.

“Good on you, bad boy,” I teased before pulling away from him. “And you know what to do when you like a girl?”

“Any other girl, yeah, but not her…she’s different,” was his reply and I stood shaking my head with a secret smile on my face.

“You kiss her,” was all I said before walking away to the door. “Come on, a special girl wants to see you.”