Christmas Mood - CHAPTER 63

Start from the beginning

"Couldn't see you or DuhDuh."

"I'm right here, Eli belly," Remi chuckled. "Dada and I were waiting for you to wake up. And guess what?"

"Wha!?"

"It's Christmas, Eli."

"Chri-muh?!"

"Yeah, it's Christmas. You get to open all of the gifts that Santa brought you."

Remi watched in happiness as Elio squirmed and squealed.

"Anna go see DuhDuh."

"Wanna go see Dada?"

"Yah," Elio nodded.

"Alright. Go ahead." Remi nodded and put Elio down. Elio ran out of his room excitedly and fled down the stairs as fast as his now three year old legs could take him. Remi followed close behind and smiled when he ran up to Marcelo and jumped into his arms.

"It's Chri-muh, DuhDuh!"

"It's Christmas?" Marcelo gasped. Elio nodded excitedly but still very much sleepily. "Did you go see if Santa brought you something last night?"

"No, not yet."

"Come on! Let's go see." Marcelo said with lots of enthusiasm, forgetting about the previous conversation that he was about to have with Remi. Before Marcelo could turn to follow Elio, Remi grabbed his hand to get his attention.

"Our conversation isn't over," Remi warned. Marcelo looked at him warily for a few seconds before he nodded and finally, turned around to follow Elio.

Before the two made it to the living room where Elio already was, they both heard a loud gasp that came from said little one. "MAMA, DUHDUH!"

When the two went around the corner, they saw Elio jumping up and down in front of the Christmas tree that had loads and loads of gifts spread out underneath and around it.

"SANTA GOT ME LOT!" Elio squealed.

Remi cooed terribly hard. Elio was too cute. "He did, didn't he, Eli belly."

"Yah, wanna open."

"You can open them, buddy," Marcelo smiled.

As Remi helped Elio get a few gifts to open, Marcelo turned on the living room tv that was currently on a cartoon channel for Elio that was playing Christmas episodes.

After helping Elio take his first few gifts over to the couch, Remi snuck back over to the tree and grabbed a small gift that was boxed and wrapped up. He'd bought a quick gift for Marcelo. He didn't know if they were at the stage where they could buy gifts for each other, but he wanted to do something nice, so he did so anyway.

Walking over to Marcelo who was trying to organize Elio's gifts from smallest gifts biggest, Remi stood nervously in front of Marcelo and held the gift out, "This is uh... This is yours. It's not much, but I wanted to give you something rather than nothing at all."

Marcelo analyzed Remi's expression; he saw a bit of a tensed expression from their previous conversation, but then he saw an expression of sincerity. He grinned at Remi and grabbed the gift out of his hands gently. "Remi, you didn't have to buy me anything."

"I did."

"You didn't."

"I wanted to, and I did."

"Fine," Marcelo ended before he reached underneath the tree with his left hand and grabbed three gifts that were each a tad bit smaller than the gift that Remi gave Marcelo. Holding the gifts up to Remi, Marcelo smirked. "I may have gotten you something too.