Sonic X Amy

Requested by : (Myself)
Fanart Not Mine

Amy's POV

I peeked from behind the bushes.

The garden was empty of guards. It was near impossible trying to sneak out anymore, be it so close to the day of my coronation. But as it seemed, I'd have one more night of freedom.

I was fortunate to have this night especially. The night of the lunar eclipse. I remained in my hiding place, crouching in my ball dress. Eagerly, I waited for the eclipse to begin. But fate wasn't as kind to me as I thought.

"Agh--!" I heard, followed by a thud.

Upside down in a crushed bush, a knight was quick to lift his face shield, "Hello, princess."

I stood up in alarm, and whisper-shouted to him, "Sonic!! What are you doing?!"

It was informal to call a knight by their name, unless they were given a noble title, but it was Sonic. He had a reputation, being the dashing troublemaker that he is. He uprighted himself and dusted off his armor, "Oh, y'know.. falling out the window.. the usual."

I sighed, walking over to him, "Are you okay?"

"Never better, princess," He smirked at me. I pushed his face shield back over his face. This knight in particular was famous for his heroic selflessness, but just as infamous for his crush on me. It was scandalous.

He chuckled, answering for real, "I'm okay."

I mumbled bitterly, "I suppose you're going to take me back now, right?"

"I dunno. How else can I be alone with you?" Sonic teased, earning a frown from me. The blue hedgehog smiled genially, "I suppose I will have to, Your Majesty."

Sonic's POV

"Can't you just pretend you didn't see me?" Amy groaned, looking around for any more guards. It was just us out here.

"No can do," I answered, "I'm already walking a thin line with your parents. They'd hang me, literally, if they caught me alone out here with you. Plus, tomorrow is your coronation."

She was clearly upset, which was hard to see. Her usual brightness and warmth was dulled down, and I heard she was caught crying this morning during her dress fitting. I fought the urge to embrace her and tell her everything is okay. It would be wrong of me to do so.

Amy looked at the sky, at the moon longingly. She asked softly, "Sonic. Can you please wait? Just until the eclipse is over."

"Eclipse?" I raised a brow. As if on cue, it had started. The princess took me by the wrist.

We hid behind the bushes. Every time I tried asking what was happening, she would shush me with a finger to the lips. I soon learned.

A chao poked its head out. Then another. And another, until the garden was full of chao. The sight wasn't unusual but we kept watching. In the light of the lunar moon, the chao began to change color. It wasn't just one color either, it was many. They glowed from blue to white, to red to green, to purple to pink.

The display was almost as beautiful as Amy's rising smile.

Amy's POV

"Isn't it beautiful?" I uttered, looking at them. "The last time I saw this was when I was little. I've waited to see this again for years."

"Wow," Sonic breathed, sitting beside me, "This is a first for me."

The chao played in the moonlight, singing in delight in their strange tongue. One of them, glowing a soft yellow, noticed Sonic and I. It happily flew to us. The kind knight smiled at the chao, petting it's head. It drifted away to continue playing with its friends.

I observed the knight, as I did in these quiet moments. When he wasn't flirting or teasing me, Sonic was quite the catch. He was brave, as he was gentle. A true hero as one ought to be... and a true love. To my parents chagrin, and to the maids gossip, he'd often leave me flowers on my nightstand for me to find the next morning. It was the closest either of us could get to one another. Until now.

I curled under his arm, to his surprise. Sonic blushed, "A-Amy, we can't-"

"Ssh," I whispered, planting a kiss on his lips. He sighed with a loving smile.

We stayed together the rest of the night.

Bonus Picture :