"Sorry I accidentally confessed my love for your sister then ran away from my problems," Eden snorted. "But yeah, once this flight's over. Call you then?"

"You'd better, or I'll charmspeak you."

"Yes ma'am," Eden almost wanted to salute, but didn't. She hung up on the call and rolled her eyes on a old ass businessman that was sneering at her. "Shut the fuck up. You make these calls all the time, and you scream at people in public over the phone. My god, you privileged white men."

She shouldered her way to her seat, asked for an espresso, and listened to music for the entire rest of the plane ride.

* * *

"I'm right here, could need your help getting in," Eden said over the phone quietly. "The fucking security in here is tough."

"You're big Eden Fairchild, couldn't you get in by yourself?"

"Without the metal detectors going off?" Eden snorted. "Yeah, no. Also, you said you'd get me in here."

Drew made some sort of choked noise. "I didn't think it'd take this long! Fine, I'm going down there right now."

"I was on a plane." Eden rolled her eyes.

"Yaddy yadda, whatever." Drew hung up, and when Eden looked a minute later, she was coming her way.

"You've been in here, right?" They walked toward Drew's room, after explaining that she was a friend and that she was coming over just for a couple days. Although they wanted for Drew to do school while Eden was here, which was such a shame. Eden voiced that thought to her.

"When you came, I was going to leave anyway." Drew opened the door to her room, and Eden flopped down on the bed, crossing her arms behind her head. "It's boring here. It's less boring at camp."

Eden snorted. "That's the last thing I thought would come out of your mouth."

"Well, Connor's there." Drew said. "Which is exactly why I called you here. You're in love with my sister. I'm surprised she didn't notice before, Queen of Love my ass."

She suppressed another snort. "Is everyone just going to tell me that? I'm not that dumb."

Drew rolled her eyes. "You aren't. Surprisingly. But, I'm guessing you need to get over her. And my dad has an event, and apparently I can't have a guy come with me."

Eden frowned. "Why not?"

"The men are separated from the women, which is stupid, and I don't want to be alone," Drew pointed a finger to her mouth, her nose crinkling in disgust. "So, anyway, wanna have a chance to fuck the patriarchy and also get revenge on my sister?"

Eden thought about it for a moment. Mostly pros, but there was one con. "What about Connor?"

Drew hesitated for a moment. "I . . . want to be with you, because I don't know how a relationship works. And I want it to be perfect for when I date Connor."

"I don't want to lie to my best friend." Eden snapped.

"You can tell him we're fake dating," Drew said, nearly convincing her without her charmspeak. "For the event. Just until the event's over, which is in three weeks. And then I can be with Connor, and you can show Dumpster Queen how strong you are."

"When you put it like that . . ." Eden sighed. "Fine. I hate the idea of lying to Connor, for the record."

"He's incredibly loyal," there was a gleam in her eyes that Eden wasn't used to seeing in the love child. "It's the thing I love most about him."