Chapter 1

A U T H O R ' S  N O T E :

Hello readers! If you've read my other books, you're definitely going to read this and go 'what the... this isn't a fanfiction...' 

Your eyes have not deceived you. This is a regular book!!

I've wanted to write a book like this for a while, and now I've finished 'My Protector,' I was like HEY! PERFECT TIMING!!

I have big plans for this one, and yes, there will be smut... Dirty, dirty smut. 

On that note however, this story contains mature scenes such as:

☞ drug use

☞ swearing and mature language

☞ abduction / abuse

The last thing I want to do is trigger unsuspecting readers, so please familiarise yourself with these themes before proceeding. I will have little trigger warnings incase you skip over this note. 

This chapter contains a graphic scene of drug use. 

Please, please, skip this book if you are sensitive to any of these themes. I will not appreciate or tolerate any comments that are negative towards me or these topics. These themes are included in stories for a variety of reasons, and a lot of authors that write about these topics are merely raising awareness about them. 

Now that is out of the way, I hope you enjoy this book and stay patient with uploads. I am a university student and I work, and I happen to have other hobbies including...not doing anything besides questioning why my brain is empty, or why my brain is full

Feel free to comment your thoughts! However, I'm a virgo, so I don't take to criticism well. Refrain from being a member of the grammar club, or I'll probably start insulting your grandma. 

I'm an author, but that doesn't make me any more mature than you :3

Happy reading, and enjoy 'Wanted!'

The sweet fragrance of chocolate-filled croissants and sugared tea finally left my nostrils once I'd stepped out into the buzzing boulevard. The familiar jingle of the bell above the wrought iron door quietened, and in its place, sounded obnoxious car horns, shrill dog barks, and city chatter. Outside away from the stare of coffee snobs and prudents, I slumped in exhaustion and blew out a sigh of relief. 

Just as I went to take a step out from under the striped awning, a bike dinged its bell from my right and barely missed me as it cycled by. A bitter scowl slathered itself onto my face as I glared after the man right until he disappeared around a corner. 

Eventually, I scratched the skin of my inner elbow and sniffled before I readjusted my tacky purse closer to my side. Eager to get home and change out of these clothes, I stalked down the cracked pathway towards where I lived. The black fabric of my uniform was grey from flour and icing, clinging to my body in an uncomfortable embrace. My face sported a permanent grimace as I speed-walked through the city towards my mum's apartment. There weren't any clouds in the sky to shield me from the sun's merciless rays, so when I arrived at the flat, I was dripping in sweat. 

I didn't even bother with the key; my mum never locked the door, even in this neighborhood. The door was slightly ajar anyway, and I frowned as I used my forearm to push it open enough for me to escape the sun's wrath. It bounced off something inside, not opening fully, and I tiredly dragged my hand down my face, ridding it of its thick sheen.