I Missed You - CHAPTER 62

Start from the beginning

"Kay." Remi nodded. Marcelo still wouldn't look at him. Standing up, Remi walked over to Marcelo and stood in front of him. Marcelo looked everywhere but at him. "Why won't you look at me?"

Marcelo moved his eyes to Remi's face. "I am looking at you."

"Yeah, you're looking at me, but not at me. You're not looking me in the eyes."

"Why do I have to look you in the eyes?"

"Because that's what civilized people do when they're having a conversation." Marcelo didn't say anything at this. "Jaxon said it might be because you can't restrain yourself around me."

"That's not true."

"He said it's because you can't look me in the eyes without wanting to... f-u-c-k my brains out."

Faster than you could blink, Remi was up against the wall of the fireplace. He winced at the feeling of the marble against his back. Looking up, he saw two piercing eyes digging into his. Fiery eyes. Mean, green eyes.

"Don't you dare say that again unless you want me to do it."

Despite the chills running through his body, Remi exhaled and smiled before he said, "Thank you."

"For what?" Marcelo hissed.

"For looking me in the eyes."

Marcelo's face immediately softened. He exhaled and squeezed his eyes shut before opening them again. This time, they were a lighter green. A nicer green.

"Is that what it was?" Remi asked.

"What if I said yes? That even though I told myself to just be friends with you, I don't have any restraint around you. That you make my brain turn to mush. That I can't look you in the eyes without my knees going weak. Without every single knowing of right and wrong that I have completely vanishing."

"I would say that it's the same for me."

Marcelo took his time. He took his time as he looked deeply into Remi's eyes. He re-memorized the intricate patterns that make up his beautiful, brown irises. The beautiful eyes that hold so much emotion, so many memories, so much beauty. Marcelo cursed, feeling his knees go weak. And Remi smiled, feeling those damned butterflies flapping around in his stomach.

Marcelo realized that he didn't care. He didn't care if his restraints broke or not. He just wanted Remi. Which is why their lips connected once again. But this time, everything that was once there all those years ago reappeared.

The passion.

The adoration.

The affection.

The warmth.

Everything that a soulmate has for their soulmate.

Remi felt his heart pounding against his rib cage. It was so loud in his ears that he felt like Marcelo could hear its beating. He didn't know that Marcelo's heart was beating just as hard.

Once the two separated, Marcelo kept Remi close with a hand on the back of Remi's neck and their foreheads connected.

"Teo, please, take me back. I can't just be friends with you. I can't be without you any longer. Give me one more chance, and I swear it'll be the best."

Remi stared at Marcelo. Marcelo wanted another chance. And in return, Remi wanted to give him another chance, especially since it was clear he wasn't able to turn away from Marcelo. And he was the same as Marcelo. He didn't really want to be friends with Marcelo. The two had a connection that meant way more than friendship.

Remi wanted more than friendship. He was willing to take the risk.

Remi panted, putting a hand up to his chest, his heart still pounding underneath. He felt so dazed from the kiss, but he snapped out of his trance long enough to get out one word. One simple word that gave Marcelo the green light.

"Okay."

Chuckling happily, Marcelo pulled Remi to his chest in a tight hug. Remi smiled a big, joyful smile and wrapped his arms around Marcelo's neck before he pulled himself up, wrapping his legs around Marcelo's waist. Marcelo went over to the couch and sat down in the middle of it.

Remi tried to kiss him again the way that they did that day when clothes were snatched off. But Marcelo sat him back gently and shook his head. "No. I don't want to go there until I put a ring on this finger," Marcelo said as he held up Remi's ring finger. "That's when you'll know that you can really trust me."

"But I do really trust you."

"No, you don't. You're just in lust right now. We both are. But just... I want to make you all the way mine before we ever go there again."

Remi stared deeply into Marcelo's eyes. There was no playful look in them. Just honest, genuine emotion. Remi nodded, agreeing. "Okay."

Marcelo then pulled Remi back against him, squeezing him even tighter than before. Remi giggled and stuffed his face into Marcelo's neck.

"I missed you," Marcelo chuckled.

"I missed you more."