Week 13 Part 7 (Saturday)

The competition starts later, so I don't have to get up until six. When I wake up, I feel warm. Like nothing is wrong. The second I whip off the covers, I feel cold again. Lesson learned: you only feel warm under the covers. Oh, well. I better get used to this.

     After I cover my cuts, which takes ten minutes to do based on the sheer amount of cuts: I put on my competition wear: the black and red set, and I see Ellie has gotten up. I take my medicine, and as I throw away the Ziploc, I see the razor. The trashcan is so tempting. I can't believe I told Elliana. What a foolish thing you've done, Lilliana. Now everybody's gonna want to see the scars, and eventually, it will go to the mothers.

     "Morning soloist!" I say as Elliana emerges from the bathroom.

     "Lilly, I still wanna-" Ellie begins, but we suddenly hear a knock on the door.

     "Maybe another time," I cut in, opening the door to see Mom and Yolanda.

     "Lilly, I need to do your group makeup, and Yolanda needs to do Ellie's solo makeup, then pack everything up, and get on the bus in an hour," Mom explains, starting to search for my makeup stuff.

     Elliana suddenly gets a bloody nose and keeps putting tissues in her nose, throwing them in the trash. As Mom is doing my eye makeup, she winks at me. She's covering up the razor. I wink back to get the message, and once three tissues are used, the bloody nose is gone so Yolanda can do her makeup.

     Once that's all set and done, we pack everything up, and get out our costumes in their dry-clean bags, and in our suitcases, and check out of the hotel. Goodbye razor. See the third version of you on Monday.

     When we go to the lobby, Pressley has some coffee, Sarah is on her phone, Brady and Hannah are taking Snapchats, and Gia is running around like the theater kid she is. I go over to Pressley and we lounge around for the bus to arrive. Pressley and I do a quick TikTok dance before getting yelled at by staff for filming, but the bus arrives anyway.

     I sit by Pressley and she does some school while I lounge around on my phone. Graduated life I guess! There's no crowd when we get there, and for once, Hannah's mom doesn't remind her to grab the bag. And guess what? Hannah gets her bag without her mom's reminder.

     Inside, there are a bunch of people taking photos of us and screaming at us. It's funny. They're our competition, yet they're making it such a big deal that we've arrived. If it weren't for the cameras, you'd be nothing, Lilliana. I mean, that's probably true.

     We get to the dressing room and the producers set up before we start filming. Once given the go-ahead, we start setting up.

     Sarah starts up the normal conversation, "So, everyone, how are you guys feeling about today?"

     "I'm excited!" Pressley squeals.

    "I'm really excited today, too. I think this is my favorite solo because it's like, more my style than I've had before. The only thing's just that I don't like how Ms. Abby's, like, giving me a solo that's just, like inferring that my mom's a bad person.

     I chime in, "Well, I don't think it's fair that she's saying all that rude stuff to your mom, because she's done nothing. But she somehow made it into the biggest thing ever, because I feel like that's what Ms. Abby does.

     And then, for the first time ever, Hannah pipes up, "Well, I can understand, like, how you're having a stressful week too, because we're in the same boat, and we can understand, like, what each other is feeling."

     "But like, how do you feel, like, when Abby says that your mom's a control freak?" Sarah asks.

     "Well, my mom's not a control freak, and I don't want anyone to think that she is. I just think Ms. Abby wants to see me, like, play a role, so that's why I got the lead," Hannah answers.