🅲34

That same night Kaeya slept over again

That same night Kaeya slept over again. He offered to take the couch again since there was limited space upstairs. The empty room still stayed there which could easily fit another bed, however Y/N did not have the money to afford that.

In fact, money was going to become an issue again. The knights paid for the single week she was supposed to be staying there and after that, the rent was on her shoulders. It's been about a month since the whole thing happened and to think so much occurred after that week.

It kept her awake for most of the night just thinking about it. She had more interactions with the Fatui in the past few weeks than she had in the past few years. Most of them were not for positive reasons. Confronting the cryo archon herself on nothing but pure hatred would never lead to anything good.

Y/N tossed and turned in the bed trying not to wake Thoma. That kid definitely needed to rest. It's not right at all for someone so young to be thrown into a blazing fire of traumatic experiences. She couldn't help but slip in the thought of what might've happened if she chose to leave him in that place.

Finally, when she saw the sun start to rise, that was when she had fallen asleep. Right as the city started to wake up, she was drifting off into her slumber.

About two hours later, Thoma rose from his sleep. He was surprised that even after all the hell he went through, sleeping was still easy enough. Occasional nightmares, but scaringly enough he endured them and slept through them. Hoping that maybe it would make him stronger outside of his head.

He noticed Y/N was still asleep and didn't want to wake her up. Carefully moving out from underneath the blanket he stood up onto the cold floor. He placed his side of the covers over Y/N so she could sleep comfortably with the additional warmth.

With nothing better to do he went downstairs but stopped short when he heard the floorboards creaking. His first thought was imeditate panic. He thought maybe somebody broke in. Possibly Fatui? Before he could let his mind wander any further the figure popped into view. And luckily it was definitely no member of the Fatui.

"Ah, you're awake I see."

It was Kaeya. Thoma had no idea he was even here but it was a relief that it was him and not somebody else. "Oh it's just you, Captain Kaeya." He finished his descendant down the stairs. "Sorry, I had no idea you were here."

He chuckled and brushed the stray hair out of his face. "Right, you were peacefully sleeping. I came by to... comfort Y/N. Oh, and Kaeya is fine." He told him. Kaeya was going through the kitchen and unfortunately he found it to be pretty empty. "How in the world does she plan on keeping the both of you living here in a stable condition with no food..." He thought aloud.

Kaeya went into his pockets and pulled out a decently sized pouch of mora and tossed it over to Thoma. "Here, go out into the city and buy something that can be cooked. Simple ingredients, fruit, vegetables, whatever."