𝓟𝓻𝓸𝓵𝓸𝓰𝓾𝓮

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

✧⋄⋆⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋆⋄✧

"You're telling me I'm being replaced by this ginger?"

Y/N stared up at the taller woman and young man, waiting for a response.

"Signora. Who the hell is this, and why is he taking my spot as a Harbinger?"

Signora chuckled and covered her mouth with her hand. She placed a hand onto the gingers head, "From what I know, it's because he's better than you are. What else would be the reasoning?"

Sweat dropped from the gingers forehead and he tried to not even breathe too hard. He didn't know he was taking someone's spot when told about the position. Trying his hardest to not meet the angry woman's gaze, he looked at the ground.

"Better? What does he have that I don't?" Y/N snapped.

"He's a precious dual wielder. His bow turns into a close combat weapon. Tell me dear," Signora stepped closer to Y/N and traced her face with her finger, "Can you do that?"

The girl froze.

Signora gripped her chin and pulled Y/N closer to her face, "I. didn't. Think. So." She said pausing between each word.

Y/N slapped her hand away from her face, "Who's issuing the order." It sounded more like a demand than a question.

"Our dear archon herself. So if you have a complaint, speak to her. Don't kill the messenger now." She smirked.

Tsaritsa. Y/N knew all too well that she couldn't defy nor complain with the archon.

"Quiet, are we? He's a good boy. Your age. Play nice with him and you never know." She waved her hand. "Isn't that right, Childe?"

The ginger headed boy looked up slowly, still not meeting Y/N's eyes. He opened his mouth to speak but nothing came out.

"Scared stiff." She sighed and turned around, her dress catching wind. "I do hope you come visit. Her majesty loves you, you know."

"If she loves me so damn much why'd she replace me?"

Signora glanced back, "A conversation for someone else I would assume." She snapped her fingers, "Come Childe."

The boy carefully looked up into Y/N's eyes. All he could do was mutter a quick 'I'm sorry' before he turned and followed Signora into the darkness. Leaving Y/N alone.

Y/N held in the urge to run back to them. But she would have nothing to say. She would never defy her Archon. She could never. What she says is final. If she wanted to get anything done now, she would do it herself.

So that's exactly what she did for the next three years.

21 years old. Making deals with the shadows. She would work for nobody, but make others work for her.