🅲10

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧Even though yesterday took Y/N by surprise, she was still kind of excited to be going head to head with one of Mondstadt's captains

✧⋄⋆⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋆⋄✧
Even though yesterday took Y/N by surprise, she was still kind of excited to be going head to head with one of Mondstadt's captains. She had only been joking about actually fighting him, but since he took the offer it was too good of an opportunity to pass up. It actually made her excited to wake up in the morning, which was rare.

What was even better was that she didn't have to be out so early. Usually she has to be at the Knights at 10 every morning. But since he wouldn't be by until noon, it gave her more time to lounge around.

Even though she disliked the way she felt bound to Mondstadt, the city wasn't so bad. Much quieter than Liyue, and smaller too. The harbor was always busy no matter the time of day.

And for Snezhnaya? It's been so long since she's been back. She was rarely ever homesick, but that made her upset. She knows there's people who would love to go back and see their families in Snezhnaya but aren't able to due to work. Her family had been long gone, to who knows where. Y/N ended up with the Harbingers because her parents left her there to begin with. It's a mystery as to why they even had the thought to leave her with the Tsaritsa to begin with.

She grew up under the impression that her archon was a mother figure. So that's why it hurt when she was thrown out.

--20+ years ago--

The two people were begging on their knees. They were so desperate to have their request fulfilled, that they refused to leave until it was. Even the agents weren't able to get the pair to leave.

"Why do you persist?" The woman asked, sitting down on her throne. Her patience grew thinner, with each plea they gave.

"Please. We beg of you. Take her in. It would be far too dangerous to leave her with us, and we want her in the care of someone trustworthy."

The woman laughed, "Trustworthy? You mortals, we are not the same. Why in the world, would I take in this child?"

The other woman stood up with a strained smile on her face holding a child in her arms, "We trust you to train her well. As well as keep her in her care. Or at least until she gains a vision."

"I hope you're aware that visions don't just spawn in when you hit a certain age. This child may never even receive one."

The baby stirred in the other lady's arms, "You are correct. But I think she will please the Archons. I know she will."

The man stood up and bowed his head down, "Indeed. If she doesn't obtain a vision by at least 16 years old, we give you full permission to do whatever you please." Then the baby started to cry. Her mother then slowly rocked her arms, hushing her, and stroking the baby's head.

The Tsaritsa took a deep breath in and held it. "Bring the baby here." The mother was worried at first. Her first thought was that the Archon would throw the child into the ground. But slowly she placed the baby in her arms.