The blonde smiled and placed a kiss on Brielle's cheek. "I missed you too, my love."

The younger pulled back to place her lips on the other. They kissed as if they had gone too long without each other even though it had only been a couple days since Layla's last visit. 

"How long do we have?" Brielle inquired into their kiss. 

Layla smiled, trying to hide her excitement. "We have all today and tomorrow."

It had been a long time since they were able to spend longer than a night together so naturally Brielle was very happy to hear this. "Really?!"

The blonde nodded. "What would you like to do, my love?"

Brielle smiled. "Let's smoke a little then I'll make us something to eat."

The two held hands on the way back through the garden so Brielle could retrieve her basket before they reached the fieldstone cottage. Brielle's smokey grey cat greeted them, rubbing up against Layla's boots in search for affection. 

Layla pet the cat while Brielle went into the cottage to get a joint and her matches. She returned to Layla who was now holding the cat in her arms and giving it some risky belly scratches. Layla set the cat down when her girlfriend approached.  

"Where should we go today?" Brielle asked with a soft smile. 

"The tire swing." Layla answered with a smile of her own. 

The two made their way to the large oak tree that held the horizontal tire held up by thick ropes. Brielle got in first with her legs within the centre before Layla expertly got on without moving the tire too much before sitting with her legs on either side of Brielle's. 

Casual conversation started as they smoked, passing the joint back and forth between them until it was done. The couple admired the nature around them and shared kisses before they walked hand in hand back to the cottage. 

"I made blueberry pie earlier if you want to have some while I cook dinner." Brielle offered as they walked into the cottage. The cottage was cozy and warm from the setting sun that streamed through the windows. 

"That sounds really good." Layla said before helping herself. She took a bite with a moan. "You're an amazing baker, Brielle."

Brielle smiled at the other in-between grabbing dinner's ingredients. "I'm happy you like it."

Layla put some more on her fork before holding it out to the brunette. "Try it."

"I know how my cooking tastes." She rolled her eyes with a laugh then tried it before nodding. "It's good."

"Now kiss me." Layla ordered with a smirk. Brielle rolled her eyes again but leaned into her. 

Brielle pulled back after a few moments with a smile. "Eat your pie so I can cook."

The blonde nodded. "Alright." 

Layla watched her girlfriend as she made her soup while listening to the radio, swinging her hips that caused her long dress to sway in response. She watched as Brielle gave a nose kiss to her cat in between stirring the contents within the pot. Soon Layla couldn't take it anymore and wrapped her arms around Brielle's waist from behind. 

The younger found how affectionate Layla was to be adorable and enjoyed any moment it happened. She continued to finish the soup while Layla held her before slicing the bread she also had baked earlier using the wood stove. 

Layla helped prepare the little white dining set for their dinner. With a lace tablecloth, they set the table before finally settling down to eat. The soup steamed as the sun continuously lowered in the sky, leaving them with a pink and orange sky to light their meal.