Weighing Grudges 007

Start from the beginning

The barrage of questions is evidence of everybody else knowing too. Katsuki gulps, it's not a big deal, he tries to say to himself, but even he doesn't believe that lie. And Katsuki's good at making himself believe things, 'You know how I know.'

'Maybe,' IcyHot thinks, voice chilling, 'but I want to hear it from you.'

'Hear what? What you already know?' Katsuki wonders, 'that's stupid.'

IcyHot holds an intense gaze, 'Midoriya didn't tell you. He wouldn't.'

'He wouldn't, no,' Katsuki agrees.

'I didn't want anybody knowing.'

'Except Deku.'

'Because he's my friend!'

'Yeah, but...' Katsuki catches himself abruptly, filling up his sentence with something else, 'I already know that Deku's your friend.'

'Yes,' IcyHot really looks at him, 'now tell me how you know the other thing.'

Does he deserve to hear how I know? It's a ridiculous thought but, 'Everybody knows now. Why does it matter I knew a little before—'

'Because I didn't want anybody to know in the first place!!' IcyHot sheds some of his cool, getting exasperated with this repetitious game, 'have you presented yet?'

Katsuki reins in his anger and unsheathes it, 'Why the hell is that any of your business, dipshit?!'

But his anger is useless with IcyHot, who is infallible to petty things like emotion, 'Why was it any of yours?'

'It's not like I told anybody,' Katsuki growls.

IcyHot blinks, then an emotion so fleeting Katsuki almost thinks he imagined it on him. 'OK, but how did you know?'

Katsuki considers, then relents, 'The Sports Festival. I've... known since then.' He can't even look at IcyHot, maybe wondering what he would look like at that response.

IcyHot doesn't look much of anything, Katsuki can sense that from his voice, 'Was that so hard?'

'Fuck off already!' Katsuki shoves IcyHot out, he staggers but squares swiftly. Simply studying him like a haughty stone monument, and Katsuki can't stand it. Or push him now with his fortified stance.

'You shouldn't listen in on people's conversations,' the scold leaves Katsuki's cheeks burning, and then IcyHot leaves as well, on his own volition.

Katsuki really should have punched the fucker. Or something at least. He feels pathetic watching his dwindling back step to the elevator, waiting as the metal doors shield IcyHot from any thought of harm.

๑՞.

The next morning is an apparent break from the motives class. Only for a day at least, it's the first thing that Aizawa tells them. And while IcyHot is smothered in affection, care, and thought, the amount of irritated stares to Katsuki is no accident. Katsuki had been expecting it, but maybe not the awkwardness between those idiots who talk to him.

Shitty Hair has been glaring at Katsuki when he thinks he is not looking.

Pinky stays by a Pink Cheeks who sours at the sight of Katsuki.