Lies, lies, lies... | dvr 3

Dvr3 - fanfiction

None of these characters are mine

Ship: little kokichi x suichi

Spoilers!

Inspiration from the song "our word" from 36 questions (lyrics)

Trigger warning: a little angst; toxic household; abuse

Summary: Nobody died during the killing game. It was a simulation. Everyone got their memories from before the game back. A few months after the game suichi and kokichi meet up to have a heart to heart talk between old friends...

Word count: 2014 words

* Kokichi's pov *

I sat in the small coffee shop where suichi had proposed to meet up and watched the people in the shop talking and laughing. I sat at a table for two a little away from other people with view to the door. He was late. Sighing i turned back to my purple chai latte and took a long sip of the warm delight i call my drink. It ain't panda but it's still tasty.

This was one of my favourite Coffeeshops, so i had been pleasently surprised when shumai invited me out here. But maybe he remembered that i like it because before the game we'd meet up here all the time. It's a good spot to get away from things...

I suddenly heard steps coming my way and looked up to see suichi walking towards me and sat down at my table.

It's been a few months after that miserable game so by now nobody really paid any attention to us anymore. Only occasionally some brat or danganronpa superfan would walk up to me and ask for a autograph. Fucking losers.
But because the new season was starting soon everyone rather talked about the next players than us.

Though suichi didn't seem to put much trust in the in these last weeks new won anonymity. Only when he was sure nobody had reckognized him he took of the dark cappy he was wearing and seemed to relax a bit.

I gave him one of my signature wide grins that somehow felt more real when he was around. I could feel my cheeks heating up. If he noticed my light blush?

"Sorry i'm late... i was reading something and didn't look at the time." He gave me one of his cute awkward smiles that made me snicker a bit.

"Nishishi it's fine Saihara-chan. I have plenty of time today. Don't worry your pretty head!", i answered kittenish. Yeah.. i really wasn't in the mood to go home today...

Suichi ordered a Cappuccino and we talked for a while about everything and nothing. Sometimes i would flirt with him for a little and he would blush cutely or giggle a bit. My heart fluttered when he did that.

I don't know when we came to the subject hell but after some time the conversation seemed to drift off to danganronpa. The atmosphere got less comfortable and i had a foul taste in my mouth. From there our conversation died down into a depressing silence.

I took another sip of my drink. It was cold. Sighing i put it to the side.

"Kokichi?.... I have a question...I know that for dan...danganronpa... i know we all had lost our memories and were forced to take certain roles. ...but i also know for a fact that even before the game you'd lie all the time too."

I didn't look up instead i waited for him to continue. He didn't. I sighed again. "Shumai, as the clever person you usually are you should know that that wasn't a question" i stated small broken smile gracing my lips.

I looked up to see slight blush grace suichis cheeks. He seemed uncomfortable and somewhat embarrassed. He cleared his throat.

"The question i meant to ask was... why? Why do you lie? For.. for the thrill or out of habit?..."