⁕Golden💛Sunset⁕

"What took you so long? ... And why are you two so red?"

Shachi's curious eyes switch back and forth between Penguin and you. He suspects something.

Oh, no. Does he know about the k-? You can't finish the thought, it shames you too much.

The warm tingle on your lips reminds you of it. Of Penguin's lips taking your first kiss.

Is this what eternity feels like? Like a warm memory that can't leave your heart?

Something you protect inside.

Still, Chi waits for an answer, he does not receive one.

Grumbling, Peng pushes past him, pressing your fished boot against Chi's chest, saying; "Lunch. Enjoy!"

Shachi looks at your catch, puzzled. Your only one. After your shared intimacy, fishing was over. You drove back as if in a trance. You two didn't exchange a word.

A silence that speaks a thousand words.

Bepo sniffs at the old shoe, wrinkles his black nose, and looks sadly after Peng. "No fish...?"

Shachi holds the boot by the shoelace so that the boot spins around itself. Chi smiles. "Well, it's the thought that counts."

Pouting, Bepo nods, silently mourns his longed-for meal. Not a second later, a mountain of fish appears before him, piling noisily on top of each other, causing his onyx-colored teddy eyes to light up.

The lucky bear cheers. "Dreams do come true!"

Elegant footsteps enter the cave, getting louder and louder the closer they come to you. Trafalgar Law.

His tattooed hand still raised from the recent activation of his powers. A smirk caresses his lips.

"I can't let my mink starve, after all," his amused voice fades into an exhausted panting. With difficulty, he supports himself with one hand on the wall of the cave, the other on his katana, it serves him as a crutch.

His black kimono torn, stained with blood. His blood.

He's wounded.

"Captain!" It echoes.

Immediately, the three rush to his side, while you remain undecided on the sidelines. The captain is a stranger to you. Are you allowed to worry about him?

When asked by his men what had happened, he waved it off firmly.

"I survived," he responds, remaining without answer to them, not wanting to talk about the fight he fought for you.

Bepo can't hold it back, can't contain his joy. He presses his captain into a hug that makes the man's face tense.

Because of the injury? Or out of shame?

After the initial tumult, calm and routine slowly return.

The three of them take care of their captain, treat him. You don't want to be useless. You take a stick, put one of the fish on it, and ram it into the ground in front of the burning campfire. You align the fish at an angle where it can fry well. And repeat this until five crackling fish are built up around the fire.

Standing on the side, you're eavesdropping. This is not how a lady should behave.

"How did you find us, Captain?" Penguin.