"Madam, I'm sorry but you can't see him. He was shot in the arm and the bullet needs to be removed. At the moment he is still unconscious" The doctor said.

" W-wait! He's going to go on an operation?!" I screamed in fear. The doctor nodded slowly and I couldn't really explain what happened next. I felt light headed all of a sudden and I felt as if I was falling, I actually was falling. And then slowly but gradually, everything turned black.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
I woke up with a slight head ache and a small bruise on my knees.
I looked around my environment and I hadn't been there before, I looked outside the window and to my suprise it was morning.
As I looked around I spotted my mum, resting on a plastic chair beside the bed I lay on.

"Where am I?" I asked, as I touched my head and tried to sit up a bit. I felt something in my hand. I looked at my hand and saw an Iv(Intravenous) drip plastered on my right hand. It finally occured to me that I was in the hospital.

"Mum why do I have an Iv drip on my hand?!" I asked by weakly.

"Sweetie, you fell unconscious but don't worry, the drip's finished" She said as she stood up and rubbed my palm.

"Really? I can't remember and -Kemi" I said, remembering the reason I came to the hospital.

"Mum I have to see Kemi" I said, standing up.

"No, the doctor said you need rest" mother said.

"I need to know how he's feeling" I begged.

"I'll check on him. Don't worry" She said.

"I need to be there for him" I said.

"How can you support him when you're not physically or emotionally stable at the moment?" My mother asked.

"Please" I begged one last time, as tears rolled down my cheeks.

My mother let out a sigh and walked me out of the room.

We went to meet the doctor and asked about Kemi.

"He's fine. The operation was successful and you are free to see him" The doctor said.
I smiled and dragged my mother out of the doctor's office.

As soon as we got to the door of the room I pushed it open and ran towards the bed.

"Kemi!" I yelled as I stood beside the bed, watching him breath with an oxygen mask on.
"I'm so happy you're alive" I said, as tears rolled down my cheeks but this time they were tears of joy.

"Me too. The boy is just so sweet, I can't believe his parents didn't come to see him but only paid for his surgery" My mother said, as she shook her head.

The absence of Kemi's parents was no shocker to me, I just felt a little disappointed that his father hates him this much and his step-mother didn't help matters.

We came out of the room and stood there for about 30 minutes, then, a figure not vivid to me passed through the hospital door and walked towards mum and I. When they person came nearer, I immediately recognized the figure as my father.

"How is he doing, I mean Kemi?" He asked, as he took a seat between mun and I.

"He's fine oo, he's in this room" My mother said, pointing at a door beside us.

* * * * ** * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
"Mr. and Mrs. Ogenevero may I see you" the doctor said and walked back into his office.

Few minutes later, mum and dad walked out the doctor's office with smiles on their faces.
"Kemi is free to go now" My mother said, "but there's an issue, the doctor said the bullet that pierced through his skin did not only damage his tissues but his bones as well and he had a fracture" My mother explained.

What?! Truly, those men who did this to Kemi would never know peace.

"The doctor said, it'll take about a month or two to heal completely" My father said. I sighed then groaned and stood up again.

"Let's take him home" I told my parents.

I nurse opened the door to the room Kemi was in and walked out of it with Kemi in front of her.

"OMG!! I'm so glad you're okay" I said, as I hugged him.
He groaned in pain and pointed at his left arm.

"Sorry" I said, noticing a wrist circular cast on his left hand. They probably put plaster of Paris.

"I'm just so glad you're okay" I said.
"Me too" He replied, weakly.

We drove him to our house and I asked for his parents' permission to let Kemi sleep over at my place. They didn't seem to care.

That didn't bother me, all my attention was focused on Kemi. I was going to treat him well and help him get better.