Doctor Lee remembered hearing it multiple times and he knew the reason for it already as they did another CBC for Niki.

That was when the realisation hit him that Niki was not even at the second stage of that condition.

He knew very well that Niki must have told his men to change the results or swapped it with another patient. As he accidentally knocked into one of them yesterday but, did not realise it.

Knowing the fact that he could just lose Niki's life just now, scared him to death.

Why do you have to do that for her, Niki? You are risking your life...

= [ time skip ] =

"Doctor Lee, Patient 421 is up."
A nurse called and he rushed to the patient.

He gave a short examination on Byeol to check if she was fine or if they were any problems with her.

"Congratulations, Miss Hwang! Your lung transplant has been very successful!"
He congratulated Byeol whose eyes lit up in delight.

"You will have to stay in the hospital for one more day. You will also need to come back for the further checkups."
He explained while she acknowledged with a smile.

"For the rest, my nurse will be explaining it to you. If there's nothing else, I will leave."
Doctor Lee said and looked at her.

"Where's Niki?"
Her voice called out softly but, loud enough for him to hear.

Niki...

"He had a family problem at home. I'm not sure if he's coming back later."
Doctor Lee made out a lie.

"O-Oh..."
She stuttered and looked away, hiding disappointment in her eyes.

"I will leave now."
Doctor Lee said and he moved away.

= [ time skip ] =

"Can you pass me my phone?"
She asked the nurse at the corner.

"Here."
The nurse quickly passed Byeol her pink phone.

"Thank you, Nurse Sunoo."
Byeol unlocked her phone password and searched for Niki's contact.

She placed her phone next to her ear while she rang Niki's phone.

No response.

She called at least ten times before she reluctantly gave up and the nurse helped her place her phone on the desk.

"It's alright. He will most probably call you later on when he is done with his family problem."
Nurse Sunoo cheered Byeol up.

"Do you think so?"
Byeol looked up at Sunoo.

"Yes."
Sunoo reassured Byeol.

It was all silent until Byeol saw Jay and Jake running past them.

"Jay and Jake?"
Byeol noticed the two figures.

BOYFRIEND ● Nishimura Riki जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें