Chapter Twenty-Three: Party Escape

Start from the beginning

"I have no idea what you're talking about," he answered, very matter-of-factly.

Mabel giggled, mocking him in a high pitched and breaking voice. "'Oh, uh, I can take tickets with Wendy!'"

Y/n laughed slightly.

"'Let's kiss!'" She finished, looking at her sister with a cocky smirk before making kissing noises.

"Oh hardy-har-har," Dipper groaned, cheeks burning and rolling his eyes. "Laugh all you want, but I have a plan to make sure everything goes right tonight!"

Y/n winced, hissing slightly. That could only mean one thing. "No, don't tell me"

"Yep," he said cheerfully, reaching into his pocket. He pulled out a small piece of paper, surprising both the girls. Until he unfolded it to reveal a list of steps nearly as tall as he was.

"Oh God," Mabel sighed, sitting on the floor. "You're not going to get anywhere with that!"

"She has a point Dipper," Y/n agreed. "As much as I love planning out things, this is not it. You can't just plan out human interactions. Trust me, I wish you could. It would be a lot easier."

"Stop encouraging him," Mabel groaned.

"What?" Dipper asked, skimming through his plans. "It's not that bad."

"Dip Dop, there's like 40 steps here! You even branch off into different possibilities!"

"Yeah man, just go up and talk to her."

"Way ahead of you, Y/n!" Dipper shuffled around his list, pointing to Step 11. "See? It's already there!"

The two girls groaned, both falling back on Mabel's bed.

"Just you two wait," the younger twin replied, scoffing slightly. He made his way to the door, eager to set up the ticket booth with Wendy. "You're going to be eating your words when this works!"

"Yeah, sure," Mabel shouted after him as he closed the door. Then, to Y/n she asked: "You think it's going to work?"

"To be honest," Y/n started, pouting slightly. "Nah. He's gonna over complicate it. But it's okay. He'll get it eventually. Who knows?" She added, sitting up. She shifted over to the edge of the bed, leaning on her knees. "Maybe he'll get it tonight?"

Mabel hummed in agreement, until a large smirk started to grace her features. "Speaking of tonight," she started, nudging into her sister's side.

Oh no, Y/n thought, a slight panic running through her. There's only one way this can go—!

"Oh boy!" She said, standing up suddenly. She made a break for the door. "Look at the time! I need to go and walk that lobster—"

"Nope!" Mabel jumped in front of her, leaving the ravenette to wonder just how she managed to get ahead of her. "You're not going anywhere! Not until we get you ready for that party!"

"But Mabelllll," she whined, slumping down. "I don't wanna get all dressed up. I just wanna grab some snacks and leaveeeeee."

"I'm not allowing it!"

"Please?"

"Nope!" She jumped to Y/n's side, grabbing her sleeve and leading her out the door. "We're going to get to your room and find you some nice little outfit for the party."

She groaned loudly. "But why?"

"Because it's the first time nearly everyone from town is gonna be in one place! You can go make some friends! I know that's what I'm gonna do. I'm going to find my people!"