12: She Knows

OLIVIA'S POV

I was running late to class and Nat was going to kill me, she hated it when people were late and I've been on the receiving end of the lecture and it wasn't fun. I got distracted in the music room with the rest of them. Bucky completely missed his class which was awful. He was going to be in so much trouble. 

It was our first day back altogether, on Monday everyone was still recovering from jet lag and we had classes that only made us more tired. I crashed in Carol's room because my legs refused to walk to the end of the hall. So today we decided to meet in the music room.

We all enjoyed music and Bucky and Carol take music as their electives meaning they got access to the music lab. We started going there a week after the party where Bucky told me he was gay. We would play music, write songs and just mess around having a good time. It was our hang out spot. Carol and Wanda could both sing. Bucky played the drums. I played the Guitar and Peter could sing and play the piano. So we had a lot to work with and we got distracted and completely overran.

"I'm so sorry I'm late," I say coming into the classroom. She looked less than impressed with me. "Shit," I say under my breath. "Take a seat." She said with no emotion in her voice. I took my seat and set my bag and guitar case down on the seat next to me. "Have you got your assignment?" I nodded and got it out of my bag quickly holding it out to her, she took it from my hands and scanned over it. I thought she'd be a little happier to see me.

"I'll mark it and hand it back to you by the end of the lesson. I need you to fill out this sheet. And then start reading and taking notes on chapter 7 of the textbook." I nodded and got my textbook out and a pen and began. She was in no mood to be played or challenged today. Normally she'd sit beside me but today she sat at her desk.

I didn't say anything and got on with the work. I finished it early and raised my hand. I wasn't taking any chance. "Yes?" "I've completed the work." She nudged her head so I got up and went over to her desk, she had a scowl plastered across her face. "You got a C. Do it again." "How did I get a C. I've not got a C in this class since the 3rd week," I say taking it from her to scan over it. "You got a C." She said back flatly.

"Have I done something?" I asked her confused. "You arrived late to my class." "I'm sorry about that. Me and my friends we-"I don't care. I told you not to be late for my class and yet you walked in 15 minutes late." "I wouldn't say I walked in. I rushed in. I wasn't so casual about it." "Don't talk back to me." She told me firmly. I took a step back from her desk. "Is everything okay?" I asked. This wasn't her you're late anger this was something else. "Don't be late again."

"Nat?" I walked around to the other side of her desk. "What's wrong?" "Nothing. You know I don't like you being late to class, yet you still are." "I missed you last week," I tell her leaning on the desk facing her our legs brushing against each other. I tucked her hair behind her ear. "You can talk to me," I tell her. "I don't want to talk about it." "Well can you at least tell me a little something? Because I'm confused. Is it me? Have I done something?" "No, it's not you. It's my family." "I'm sorry you had a stressful break," I say standing up. "If it helps my grandma threw a pie at my grandpa." She chuckled. "Why?" "He got the wrong meat for dinner." "So she threw a pie?" It's his favourite pudding." "What happened after?" "Lots of swearing and then my dad took me out. But they were fine when we got home."

As I spoke to her I had made my way onto her lap, our faces close, I craved her lips against mine, I had missed them so much. "Kiss me," I whispered our lips lightly brushing against each other. "You kiss me." She told me with a smirk gracing her lips. I leant in the rest of the way and our lips locked together her hands went to my hair immediately getting tangled at the nape of my neck. "Gosh, I missed you." She told me I smiled against her lips.