🌸 Reader x Salad Fingers, Painful Comfort🌸

You dried your bitter tears as you limped towards the home you lived in, you had quite the weird neighbor, a tall, green man with three long fingers of lettuce, red eyes that seemed to pierce a person's very soul, and an unusually polite disposition.

Today you had gotten yourself into trouble, well that happened everyday, but this was worse. You had caught your poor leg in a bear trap looking for firewood, you wanted to make a bonfire with the ditch you found in front of your humble home.

Incidentally, your green neighbor was walking around aimlessly, he turned to watch you limp across the terrain with a pained glaze in your eyes, and a bloody leg trailing the ground like a crimson-red slug.

You took notice of this, and tried to limp faster, you were kinda scared of him, but you tripped on the haul of wood you thought you could pull with a broken leg back home, and face-planted, letting out a whine of pain.

You didn't flail and struggle as the tall man you knew from others as Salad Fingers, lifted you up and held you like an infant, eyes wide with concern.

"A-are you alright, young one?.."

You didn't respond, you were kinda just trying to hold in your tears, looking away from his red eyes and blinking away liquid crystals. His eyes didn't leave your face, expecting an answer, you shakily sighed, mumbling quietly.

"No, a-ahm, my leg is broken and my head hurts.." His eyes seemed to round, he looked around, what was weird, was that he didn't ask for your name, but it was whatever, you were honestly glad.

He didn't look for your home, instead he headed for his small shack of a house, you were afraid of what might happen to yourself, Salad Fingers entered his home and immediately sat you down, walking away. You let your head spin, processing everything, the setting, Mr. Fingers, and theorizing what would happen to you.

You heard muttering from the other room, but it was an echo, two voices, both identical, except one was quieter and one had a rasp to it. He returned with a cloth of sorts, wrapping the bloody leg, watching the cloth darken from a beige to a crimson shade. He suddenly picked you up in a hug.

You were taken aback, so you, hugged back, sort of. You felt warmth for the first time in awhile, it felt nice, and comforting. You sobbed quietly in his arms, he didn't seem to care or take notice, lost in his thoughts.

He finally put you down, back into the chair, and crouched down, looking at your features inquisitively. You wiped your tears and smiled.

"I thank you for the hospitality, but I must be going now, Mr. Fingers.." You murmured, beginning to walk off, only with a tiny limp. He gently grabbed your arm and turned you to face him.

"No, thank you." He spoke firmly, rising up as you both went your separate ways. You felt a lot better, maybe Salad Fingers wasn't so scary after all.

——————————

eugh I hated this for some reason, probably cause I was half asleep—

                    —A/N