Chapter Twenty One

I gasp in shock. How have I managed to do such a thing? I don't recall doing anything that could have possibly leaked any Government secrets! What is going on?

I hear the door open and shut and realise it must be Nick who must've hidden the car somewhere. I look the other man in the eye, anxiety soon consuming me. I hate things that are out of my control.

"Well," Nick interrupts, my gaze shifting from the man to him. "How have you managed to leak Government secrets? Confidential stuff!"
I am unaware as to how I should respond to this question, after all, I have done nothing and I am sure that Nick will not realise that.
"Er... I .... I," I stutter, unable to string a sentence together.

Nick's face fills with rage after he hears me say this. I hesitate before standing from my seat, my hands trembling with fear as to what Nick might to do or say to me. The man seems to have noticed Nick's frustration as he is now keeping his distance from Nick and myself.

"I didn't do anything!" I blurt out. "I don't know how this happened!"
Nick only laughs in disbelief. "Don't give me that crap!"
"I swear!" I exclaim. "How could have I done such a thing?!"

Nick reaches towards me and grabs me by the collar of my shirt. I struggle against his grip, attempting to break free. However, Nick's grip is like iron and impossible to escape from. I try punching Nick in the face, only that the other man has my hands in his firm grip. The two have lifted me up and are now dragging me up the stairs, my screaming and thrashing doing nothing but awaking the people around. The two take me to a bedroom before throwing me side, making me fall on the tiled floor below. A sharp instrument pricks my left arm, to which I slap away. M world immediately becomes distorted and my vision becomes blurry, the ceiling above me slowly rotating before the speed of the rotations increase. A headache engulfs me and I sink into the world of the unconscious...

A grave is nearby... she is within reaching distance of it, tears slowly rolling down her face like rain does on a window. Her tears reflect the anxiety in her heart out to those watching like a lighthouse shines light to boats nearby at sea. He, a person who has steered her life for her, is the one watching her sorrow.

"This is where I am supposed to be buried," she says. "Only this grave seems to bury the truth."
"It was the only way of protecting your life from that other man you once loved," he simply replied.
"Where is my daughter?" she asks. "Has he destroyed her under lies too?"
He only laughs. "Your daughter is no more. Or should I rather rephrase, she will soon be no more. My son is taking great care of her at this present moment."

She traces the gold letter spelling her name with her finger, feeling the detail that was put into making people feel as if she were dead.
"My daughter deserves to die," she says heartlessly. "She is a disloyal woman that needs to die at her husband's knees."
"Rather her countries knees," he adds. "And for her daughter to be dragged into this? Haven't you heard..."
"No," she interrupts whilst standing and brushing the soil off her delicate hands. "She needs to die at my knees."

My... head... hurts...

These are the first thoughts I have once my consciousness is regained. I blink to clear my blurred vision, before looking around the room ever so slowly, only to reach one definite conclusion.

I am barred in.

I have ended up where I was no less than forty eight hours ago, only that I would prefer being Thomas' prisoner. After all, he actually gave a small something about me.

The door is unlocked before being opened. I don't bother looking to see who is inside as I know that only one person can possibly be inside.

Nick.

What does he want with me?

"Well," Nick says, to which my aching head ignores for me. "Are you going to tell me?"
"Tell you what?" I moan.
"How you managed to leak your father's secrets?" Nick asks.
Despite my current situation, I consider my words carefully.
"Perhaps tell me what the scandal is so it can refresh my memory," I murmur.
Nick laughs. "What if I don't know what the scandal is?"

I sigh. "Why wouldn't you know?"
Nick moves so he is standing over me.
"I don't know," he says whilst raising his eyebrows. A smirk engulfs his face. "But the Internet knows."
Nick pulls out his phone and holds it near his mouth.
"Okay Google," he says, "what is the scandal that has turned the world upside-down?"

Ironically, Google doesn't reply.... Gunshots do.