Chapter Four

"Excuse me ma'am, can you please step aside? You may have concealed weapons within you."

I have somehow set the metal detectors off. Am I concealing weapons subconsciously? What did Dad do?

I then realise my watch is still on. I sigh with relief.

"I'm not concealing weapons," I reply truthfully. "It's my watch I didn't take off."

"Step aside!"

I sulkily step aside and immediately, there is an issue.

"You're Mr. President's daughter?" the officer asks, a smile consuming the anger on his face.

I take a deep breath. "No, I'm not Alexan-"

The officer's excitement takes over. "It's Alexandra Wilkinson!"

The surrounding public falls silent, their mouths open from awe.

Well, I suppose there's no point in hiding it.

I nod briefly.

There is a large round of applause and cheering as a large crowd gathers around me. I put on a fake smile, which is something I have become accustomed to doing. I wave, nodding my head and saying hello.

"So where are you off to?" the officer asks, his voice containing excitement.

There is a long pause as I consider my words.

"Um..."

Great first impression.

"I'm off to Spain to learn more about my mother," I say. I am not going to mention the 'not returning' part of my travels.

There is commotion from the crowd as they begin to shout questions. I notice flashes in the distance, which only means one thing...

News cameras.

I pull on the security officer's arm.

"Look, I need to make my flight," I say. "Can you let me through?"

"I don't know if I can do that Miss Wilkinson," the officer says. "There are news reporters aro-"

I place my finger on his lips.

"Shh," I say. "I am of high authority and you will do as I command."

The security officer nods and hands a tray that has nothing but my phone.

"Have you checked your bag in?" he asks.

I nod.

"Good luck Miss Wilkinson. You're cleared."

I nod and proceed.