ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔱𝔥𝔯𝔢𝔢 ☽

Začít od začátku

The car came to a halt right beside a lake, Addison's eyebrows furrowing. "Andy? What the hell are we doing here?" She asked, climbing out of the car when he stepped out. "I wanna ask you something, and I wanted to show you this place." Andy smiled, sitting down on a log and patting the spot beside him, Addison made her way over carefully, stepping over large twigs and rocks before she took his extended hand, stabilizing herself before she sat down, letting go. "Which one do you wanna tell me about first?" She asked, twisting her body to face Andy with a small smile. "Laurie mentioned you were getting overwhelmed with work, and the new relationship. I just wanted to show you a place where you could be at utter peace." Andy smiled, seeing Addison nod looking out at the water. "Wow, thanks Andy! That means a lot!" She smiled, turning to hug him tightly. "There's one more thing." He smiled, seeing her pull back. "Yeah?" She asked, tapping the log. "I want your permission to marry your sister, her and your brother aren't close and I know she wants your approval the most."

"Of course Andy, it would make me so proud to see her become your wife."

End of Flashback

Now here she stood, at the very edge of the lake Andy took her to all those years ago. It wasn't sunny and fun, there was no cool breeze, there was no hours of laughter. It didn't bring peace, it brought nothing but pain, Andy was the one who got away, and she had to watch his stupid perfect face be in love with her sister. Addison let her emotions get the best of her, dropping to her knees, tears rolling down her cheeks. The sound of the rain drops hitting the lake drowned out her wails, muffling them into the sounds of the surrounding trees, mud soaking through her thin leggings, her pea coat drenched as she sat on the embankment, succumbing to her emotions yet again. She let him get away, she gave him permission to go away. She did so for her sister, just like everything else she did. But she got Jacob, her little buddy, and she lost that too. Now, as she sat on the embankment letting the water drench her body, she felt hopelessly alone.

Tommy was pacing around the townhouse, his phone pressed to his ear as he kept trying his girlfriends number, only to be sent to voicemail time and time again. "What the fuck!" He yelled, throwing his phone to the ground, the glass shattering before he was grabbing his keys to his jeep, heading out in the storm. The engine roared to life, windshield wipers throwing the water off the glass as he made his way through town towards the hospital. She never declined his calls, she always would answer by the third ring. What if she found out his secret? What if she was truly gone? No, there's no way, she was far too in love with him to even believe such a stupid lie someone would tell her, even if it wasn't true. He pulled up outside the hospital, throwing the white jeep into park before stalking into the building, thunder crashing down outside, the weather was only going to get worse. "Hello sir! How can I help you?" The nurse sitting behind the station asked, smiling gently at him. "Looking for Laurie Barber." He replied calmly, trying to not show the shakiness in his voice. "Room 456, level four." She smiled, handing him a visitor pass before he was in the elevator heading towards the room.

Andy was sitting in silence, looking out the window as Laurie laid in the bed, watching her husbands actions. He seemed distant, like something was going on in his brain. "Honey, what's wrong?" Laurie asked, watching as Andy turned to her. The truth was, he couldn't tell her, not now. He couldn't tell her that her sister was the one that got away. They shared humor, he took her to his secret spot, that in nearly 18 years of marriage he never showed Laurie, it was his little slice of heaven that he was most comfortable sharing with his wife's sister, not her. "Nothing sweetheart, it's just been a stressful few days. Don't worry about me." Andy smiled, walking over to press a gentle kiss to her forehead. "I'm really sorry, it should've been me." Laurie whispered, taking Andy's free hand, watching him shake his head. "No, there's always a plan, even if we don't see it now, this is what was supposed to happen." Andy reassured, squeezing her hand. A knock sounded, the married couple looking over to see a distressed Tommy. "Tommy? What on earth are you doing here?" Laurie asked, sitting up in the bed, her eyebrow raised. "I can't find Addison, she didn't come home." He spoke, looking at both of them. "I think I can find her, stay with Laurie yeah? I'll bring her back to you in one piece." Andy smiled, clapping his hand on Tommy's shoulder. "I owe you." Tommy smiled gently, watching Andy disappear out of the room.

Minutes passed before either one of them decided to speak. "Have you lost your mind? What are you doing?" Laurie finally broke the silence, pushing up on the bed as Tommy walked over, leaning down to capture her lips in a needy kiss. Her arms immediately went around his neck, his hands rested on her sides, sliding up and down gently. "God damn, don't scare me like that." Tommy whispered, pressing his forehead to Laurie's when he pulled away, her eyes lightening up when he pressed a kiss to her nose. "You could've gotten us caught." Laurie whispered, her hand moving from his neck into his messy auburn hair, a laugh leaving his lips. "I really wasn't going to come see you baby, but I truly couldn't find your sister." Tommy smiled, his hand slipping under the gown to brush his thumb against the bare skin of her hip. "When I said I was going to break up our marriage I didn't think it meant my son dying." Laurie whispered, closing her eyes as tears spilled down her cheeks. "No no baby, we're going to get through this." Tommy whispered, kissing away her tears.

"Lay with me." Laurie whispered, sliding over in the small hospital bed, watching Tommy kick off his shoes, climbing under the thin white sheet that shielded her from the coldness of the room. She curled into his side, laying her head on his chest while he wrapped an arm around her, keeping her tight against his body. "When are you going to break up with her?" Laurie asked, tilting her head to look up at Tommy, his hand running through her tangled hair. "The second you decide to divorce him, then it's you and I baby." Tommy whispered, leaning down to capture her lips in a gentle kiss. "I love you, I'll do it soon, I promise." Laurie smiled against his lips, while he hummed an agreement. "I love you too."

It's crazy really, how two people are grieving the loss of the life they once had, while the other two are thriving off that grief, living a life they want in the shadows. Soon, hiding the shadow's is going to be their worst nightmare.  

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ────── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

divider by TomHollandsQuakson Breathin, symbols dividers 1/3