Chapter 9

It was Monday. Camila went home last night so I was alone. I felt like I needed to be by her every second. I got ready and ate breakfast very quick so I could to her. I called her to pick up. I got out to open door for her. I smiled when she got in the car. She smiled back.

"Lauren, should we hold hands?" She asked.

"In school? Sure." I answered. i didn't care what anybody thought.

We walked into school holding hands. People looked at us weird. Camila looked worried.

"It's okay, Camz. Who cares what they think?" I whispered in her ear. She relaxed.

The rest of the day went faster than it usually does. It was already time for Camila and I to leave. I stayed by her locker and waited for her. She came by and I grabbed her hand as she got her stuff. We walked out the door and towards my car.

"Jake's girlfriend, what's she doing here?" I heard Camila say and I turned around with her. A few girls were coming towards us. We kept walking to my car, when a girl grabs Camila from me. She also had her in a headlock.

"Hey! What are you doing with my girlfriend?!" I yelled towards her. Camila was trying to get out of her grasp.

They didn't say anything. a second ran towards me and grabbed me. We were both in a headlock now.

"Why are you doing this?" I tried to scream. Camila shook her head and looked down. She tried to bite the girls hand. The girl instantly letting Camila free. She started to run towards me. The third girl punched her eye. Camila hit the ground, not moving. The girl holding me let go after I kicked her leg. I knelt on the ground next to Camila to see if she was okay. She was still breathing, slowly. The girls tried to back away but I punched one to the ground. She was still moving but afriad to get up. I did this to the next girl. The only girl lest was the one holding Camila.  I wanted to punch her but she already fell to the ground. I looked around to see another girl. Her fist was still clenched while she watched the girl fall to the ground. She noticed I was looking at her when she said, "Hi, I'm Jessica. I noticed what happened and wanted to help. It wasn't right right for them to fight you guys because you're dating." I liked this girl. She understood Camila and I.

"Thanks, I'm Lauren and this Camila." I pointed to Camila. I remembered she was passed out on the ground.

"Is she okay?"

"I think she's fine but can you help me lift her into my car? You can have a ride if you want." 

"Sure."

We lifted Camila and placed her into the backseat of my car. Jessica sat in the front with me.

"Where do you live, Jessica?" I asked trying to hide the pain of what just happened.

"I live on Hill street, the first on the left. By the way you can call me Jess."

"Really? You live on the street as Camila and I, Jess."

"Cool!"

I dropped her off.

"I'll see you tomorrow, Lauren."

"You too."

I drove to Camila's house first. I knocked on the door.

"Lauren, come in." Camila's Dad said motioning for me to come in.

"I like you. You don't seem like the type to break Camila's heart. But if yo udo you'll probably hear from her sister." Sofi Cabello walked in and shouted, "Right!"

"Dont't worry, I love Camz." I was wondering how he knew about us. Taylor probably told my dad and my dad probably told him.

"Where is Camila?" He asked. I remembered I left her in my car.

"She got in a fight today. A girl gave her a black eye and she passed out. But, I don't think they'll do it again. I showed them who's boss." I walked out the door and Camila's Dad followed. "She is in my car right now." I lifted her and brought her into the house, up the stairs and into her bed.

"I have to go but please call me when Camila wakes up."

"I will."

I got in my car and headed home. I opened the door to see my dad.

"Lauren, where have you been, you know you are grounded. What's that on your cheek? Have you been fighting?" I touched my cheek, there was blood coming from it.

"Dad, can I tell you later? I'm really tired."

"Okay, but as soon as you wake up."

I went into my bed and fell asleep.