***

Amelie's POV:

"Let me go," I said cooly. "I don't understand why you haven't killed me anyways. You just killed Adrien moments ago."

I was bound to a chair, in the basement of my own house. 

That pathetic excuse of life smiled sinisterly at me, the knife in her hand glowing brighter. "Because I need you as bait, silly old woman. Your son and Marinette will definitely come back to rescue you, and when that happens, consider them both dead. Just like Alya and Adrien. I'll grab the miraculous and make my own wish."

"You know, for a teenage girl plotting world domination, you are pretty dumb," I sighed. "One, you tell your long, cliché plan to your hostage, who has free speech. Two, you underestimate Felix and Marinette. Three, Shadow Moth couldn't even have given you a proper costume. If he's trying to emphasize how terrifying you are without one, he's failing miserably." 

The girl looked like she was about to explode. "Are you even an adult?! Start acting like one!"

I rolled my eyes. "Are you a tantrum-prone child?" I mocked. "You sure act like one."

She whipped out her knife, pulsating with a red glow, and pointed it at my throat, just a few inches away. Her eyes clouded with an eerie darkness. "You will regret mocking me."

***

Third Person POV:

"We've searched the 4 floors of this mansion already!" Marinette panted. Strike One had wrecked the entire home. There were cracks in the marble flooring, ceilings crumbling, and family pictures shattered. 

"We haven't searched the basement yet," Felix said, gritting his teeth. Marinette noticed that he was clearly bothered by the thought that his mother was being held captive. She touched his hand. 

"We'll save her," she said, determined, although a bit afraid. Felix nodded. Sensing Marinette fear, he squeezed her hand tighter, making her face flush red. Marinette quickly swung her yo-yo through a broken window, and hooked it on the edge. She grabbed Felix and leapt out, swinging from the 4th floor into a hole in the wall on the first floor. 

"Follow me!" Felix yelled.

Marinette followed Felix and they scaled down the seemingly never-ending stairs to the basement. Felix swung open the door, and froze in place, causing Marinette to bump into him. As she steadied herself, her eyes fell on a sight that made her blood run cold.

The basement was a high-ceiling atrium-like room, with polished black marble flooring, and a gigantic crystal chandelier hanging from the middle. It looked like a ballroom straight out of a fairy-tale.  

Amelie was bruised on the right eye, tied tightly to a chair. Strike One was standing there, laughing maniacally. Her eyes darted towards them, and her smile stretched so wide that it could rival one of a Cheshire cat.

"Well if it isn't Ladybug and the new Cat Noir."

"It's Onyx," Felix breathed sharply, his hand positioned near his staff. Marinette was 100% certain that he'd made up that name on the spot, and was surprised at how he made it sound like it had been his name for a while.

Strike One laughed again, but her eyes had narrowed to slits. "Didn't Marinette have the cat ring around 10 minutes ago? If so, then she probably has connections with you, and you're the only person who can lead me to her."

She lunged forward. Shadow Moth hadn't only given her the knife; she obtained the superhuman abilities that normal miraculous holders had as well. With her hatred towards Marinette, her powers only kept getting stronger.