On her.

Marinette felt goosebumps prickle up her arms. Straightening her back, she stared at the screen intently, as if looking at the screen could take her mind off of him.

"Felix! There's somebody at the door!" Amelie hollered. Instinctively, Marinette turned towards Felix, who looked rather annoyed.

"Can't you answer it yourself, Mother?" he asked, frowning.

"It's Adrien. And Alya."

Marinette shivered. Felix lurched to his feet, teeth gritted.

"I'll be back in a minute," Felix muttered, fingers curling into fists. Without another glance, he ducked out of the room.

***

"Please. We just want to talk to Marinette and Felix. It's important."

Adrien and Alya were at the Graham de Vanily mansion's front doorstep, pleading for a talk.

Amelie smiled, but her gaze was venomous.

"I don't think any of them want to see you. But I'll let you in to see if they change their minds."

Adrien nervously nodded. So did Alya. Amelie stepped aside, and let them in. She closed the door behind them.

"So," Amelie started. While she was still smiling, a vicious gleam was in her eye. "Alya, did you know that Adrien tried to punch Marinette, assault her, and then attempted to kill her?"

Adrien looked like he got hit in the stomach. Alya's eyes went wide.

"You tried to kill her too?-"

"Wait- I didn't-"

Felix sprang out from nowhere and knocked them both to the ground. He had one foot pinning Adrien to the ground, and had a knife to Alya's neck.

"Tell me." His voice was crisp, laced which danger. He pressed the blade deeper into Alya's neck. Alya choked. Her eyes darted across the room, looking for Amelie.

She was gone.

"How many people wanted Marinette dead?"

"A- A lot."

A couple droplets of blood dripped down her throat. Felix had cut a light mark across her neck.

"Give me a number."

"I- I can't-"

Felix dropped Alya to the floor, but not before slashing his knife across her forehead. She covered her face with her hands.

"Please don't-"

But Felix wasn't listening anymore.

His gaze was locked onto Adrien.

In a flash, he had grabbed him by the collar and banged his head against the wall.

"WHY DID YOU HURT HER?! WHY DID YOU BOTH HURT HER? WHY DID YOU MAKE HER WISH SHE WAS DEAD?!" Felix shouted. Adrien winced. Felix dropped him to the floor as well.

"Felix, I-"

"Save it. You'll always be the monster. Perhaps even-"

Adrien cracked. "I'M NOT A MONSTER!" he exploded, eyes coloured with rage. He lunged at Felix, but he was too quick. Felix moved swiftly to the side and spun the dagger in his hand. Adrien yelled, and then they were fighting. Adrien only managed to land a weak hit to Felix's shoulder before Felix cut him, leaving a deep gash on his arm. Felix poised his knife over Adrien's heart-

"Felix."

They both froze. The only sounds that could be heard were Alya's sniffles.

Marinette stepped out from the corner where she had been hiding. She was pale with fright. She started walking towards them, but stopped.

"Felix..."

Felix slid the knife into his pocket, and silently let go of Adrien.

Adrien, free from the hold, gasped in relief, and propped himself up against the wall. Marinette and Felix locked eyes from across the room.

Tears started falling from Marinette's face, and she fell on her knees. In a split second, she felt Felix's arm around her shoulder. 

"Sorry. I was just so-"

"Terrified?" Felix sighed. "I know. I'm sorry too-"

Marinette nuzzled her head into his shoulder. Felix felt his pulse go up, but he said nothing.

Suddenly, the roof started shaking, and someone crashed through. 

Strike One was standing on the stairs, her knife gleaming. She quickly glided across the room and poked Alya with the knife. Alya managed a single cry before she fell to the floor, dead.

"ALYA!" Marinette screamed. Felix looked in disbelief, holding Marinette back.

"Even after all she's done to you, you still feel bad for her?"

"Yes-I mean- kind of-" Marinette stumbled. 

"My point is that nobody deserves to die-"

Strike One laughed.

"Marinette, my sweet Marinette," Strike One cackled. "Out of all the people that are supposed to die, the one that should the most is you." Strike One picked up the knife and aimed it at Marinette.

"Goodbye."

Strike One threw the knife. Marinette closed her eyes. She thought about all the memories of the times where her friends had been there for her in the past, and her family too. Suddenly, a tiny thought appeared in her head.

Felix.

She smelt the smell of smoke, and then they were gone.

The knife clattered onto the marble floor. Strike One shrieked with rage. Marinette and Felix had disappeared.

"Don't just stand there, Strike One! Find them! Marinette had Adrien's ring on her finger!"

Strike One narrowed her eyes.

"Sorry, Shadow Moth. But from now on I think I'll do things my own way."

With that, Shadow Moth's control was gone.

But the akuma was still in her knife. Shadow Moth tried to get it out, but it was no use.

For Lila Rossi had broken the rules of miraculouses after all.