81 - RETURN TO YGGDRASIA

Crap, he noticed me!

That thing summoned from the enormous magic circle saw me through one of the monitors. Apparently it even realized the existence of Earth in that instant. It greeted me in English.

That sort of horror could not be allowed to reach Earth right now.

Physical weapons such as metallic bullets and gunpowder explosions barely affected spiritual lifeforms. Submerging it in a large amount of flame would work, but to burn down something so powerful would require the direct heat of over a dozen volcano eruptions.

How could the humans of Earth even hit something that could move as fast as a missile while still not showing up on radar?

A Demon Lord. A demon of the highest rank, surpassing Archdemons. A god of the demons.

Fiorfata, the Unseelie Lord.

I hadn't known this before. It had been my soul, a soul now demonic, that had told me the thing's identity.

Had the summoners meant to call it up from the very beginning? Or had it been a mistake? Though judging from how overjoyed Brian had looked in his nasty monologue, it was far more likely that it had been intentional, that he'd worked with the criminal magicians of Yggdrasia for exactly this purpose.

At any rate, I couldn't fight it here. Earth didn't allow me to recover my mana, and it had six times my magic. I'd just get ground to dust.

On the other side of the screen, Fiorfata reached its hand out to Brian's avatar, the 'bridge' that was connecting Earth to Yggdrasia.

The moment I realized what it was trying to do, I took out my demon blade from its black sheath and stabbed into the heart of Brian, still sleeping in his VR capsule, while using [Dimensional Manipulation] and [Causality Alteration] at the same time.

His bodies, both the one here and the one on the other side, jerked at the same time. The screen showed the blade coming out of Brian's avatar from the inside.

I flicked the blade upward, slashing through his head to finish him off. Brian's life, as well as the connection from here to Yggdrasia, abruptly vanished. Right before the screen cut off, Fiorfata looked at me and grinned.

...no chance of not being its enemy now, huh?

But wait, something was strange. Brian should be dead, yet I didn't see his soul anywhere.

Just as the connection cut off and I was taking a breather, Brian's corpse began to turn grey, bubbling and bursting into sludge.

I flinched. The sludge overflowed so quickly the capsule was nearly at its breaking point, grey flowers rapidly growing on the liquid. They bloomed in concert, and an eldritch voice came from the blossoms.

"..̢.litt.͝..ļe.͠.͏.̧b͞u̵n͜...͟ny͠.̢.̵.́"

The moment I recognized it was Brian's voice, I instantly concluded that it would be far too dangerous to touch the grey sludge. I used [Dimensional Manipulation] to force a teleportation to outside the military compound.

So Brian had already fallen to Fiorfata's Blessing, I see.

When I arrived outside the compound, the blizzard I left behind was still going on. Apparently the soldiers had already retreated. There was no sudden gunfire.

I stayed in mid-air and looked at the compound. The grey sludge erupted, bursting out of the roof.

"Ļ̧̨i̡̡̢͢͝ţ̢̛͢͏t̕̕͟l̴͘͠ȩ̴͘̕͠ ̀̀̕͟b҉̵̨͜u̷̵͘n̸̨͘n͞y͘̕͠!̴̀͡!̸̨!́̀͘"