ix. family dinner

Start from the beginning

Thomas seemed to be dazed at how dark the house was but yet it was neat and very rich by the way the had designed things. He could only imagine Alice running through the large long halls with portraits of her greats looking down at her with stoic faces.

He then looked at Alice who held his hand again carresing it and he saw the worry embittered on her face as her eyes darted around the place. " oh Alice how are you dear! " asked her father as he then let the two sit down across from him in the very large emerald and black room. Thomas's eyes dazed around while Alice and her father talked to one another quietly.

The walls had been colored as a dark green with red flowers all over. Large vases with snakes embedded on it which were filled with humongous flowers surrounding them. The window was wide open yet it was a rainy day so the grey sky eased up on them. A wide carpet was underneath them and Thomas could only watch the art work on it.

" I see you enjoy the carpet. " Edward Orave voice rang through the taunting room, Thomas snapped his head back up and connected his eyes with the haunting man as he cleared his throat and nodded silently taking notice that Alice wasn't in the room.

" uh yeah it's quite nice. " he responded. Edward nodded as he eyed the Shelby man who then slowly began to grow nervous and didn't like it at all.

" well if you think that's nice come over here. " he said as he groaned out in pain while reaching for his cane as he began to leave the room with Thomas following behind in pace.

" Alice has always been one to draw other then write. No one ever seems to notice. Well expect me, " he paused for a second as he slightly turned his head around to eye Thomas who stood with a cigarette hanging from the edge of his lips. " and maybe you. " he finished and noticed how Thomas's eyes widened a bit and he turned back with a sly smirk.

" come come. "

Thomas walks over to him with an eyebrow raised as Edward stood in front of a very large portrait. The Orave man stood there with a proud smile as he waved Thomas over who then stood beside him.

His eyes widened when he saw the photo and almost choked on his cigarette when he saw it was him. " she said it was her latest masterpiece. " Edward said softly honestly joyed that his daughter finally had someone to love. " she loves you you know. " he said and Thomas could only keep admiring the photo of him as from the background stood a herd of horses that have been Thomas's dream to have one day.

Thomas only shook his head in disbelief as he chuckled deeply. He looks back at the portrait and could only think of how Alice even had the time or when she was even drawing any of it.

" father mother says dinner is ready! " called out Alice as she sticked her head out the hallway door before fixing her hair in front of the mirror beside the door and looked at Thomas holding her hand out with a small smile. " Thomas. " she said sweetly and Thomas fell in a trance as he slowly went towards her.

He gently grabbed her hand as she turned around and led him to the dining room as they went and took there sit across Penelope who seemed to have red bloodshot eyes and dried tears streaming down her pale yet small pink cheek.

He turned his head stiffly to look at Alice who looked down at her plate with a small smirk as she noticed him looking and winked.

Thomas snapped his head around as he rearranged his tie as he cleared his throat nervously when Alice was rubbing his thighs and her hands began to go higher.Tommy never was or became nervous, and the fact that Alice was causing it all to stir in his stomach didn't help. Edward eyed him before turning to look at his daughter who began to eat as soon as the food was placed on the table.

" so how was your trip? " asked Esmeralda, Alice slowly raised her head and wiped her mouth " it was only two hours mother as you can see we are perfectly fine. " replied Alice softly but venom lacing her voice. Her mother only nodded grimly and went back to drinking her wine as the room grew quiet and only the noise of Penelope's sniffles filled the dining room.

" mother please! " yelled Penelope as her mother huffed and shook her head, " not now Penelope we have a guest " hissed her mother as Penelope ran out of the dining room crying as she held her face. Thomas looked at Alice for some sort of explanation but she only shrugged as she bit into the small baby carrot and eyed him sweetly with a Mooney smile.

" me and Thomas are full! I guess we will see you all later tonight? " she asked as she stood up and dusted away the crumbs from her dress as Thomas followed her out the room, Alice didn't wait for her parents to reply as she left with Thomas beside her, they walked up the large stairs and Thomas let his eyes leave the floor as he looked around and saw the large portrait of the family and noticed how Alice was looking straight into his soul.

He stood there before hearing Alice's faint voice calling for him. He turned away from the large portrait and jogged up the stairs and followed her voice through the large dark halls as red door after the other were on each side as pictures and family heirlooms hung and stood there.

" oh tommy look! " giddily gushed Alice as she picked up the fattest cat the Shelby man has ever laid eyes on, the cat purred Alice's long manicured nails scratched his head as his green vibrant eyes burned into Thomas who furrowed his thick eyebrows. " it's Myra! " she said as though he was an old friend forgetting something from there past. He nodded with a fake smile " ah Myra. " he said playing along and Alice pulled him by his collar as she slowly dropped Myra who slowly walked back to her big midnight blue silk bed which was torn into pieces.

" so, how do you feel? " she asked as she sat him down in front of her dresser that had a mirror, she went to grab a chair as the two then sat in front one another.

Thomas took out a cigarette and handed another to Alice who obliged with a small thank you which he replied with a nod as he looked around the room seeing how large it was, all for just one person. He looked back at Alice who took a drag and then blew it away from her side.

" I'm alright, but what's with your sister? " he asked bluntly as he crossed his legs and Alice snorted before giggling covering her mouth while looking at Thomas, he smirked as she blushed. She cleared her throat " she's just scared of getting married is all. " was all she replied with as the two stayed in complete silence before Thomas spoke again.

" what's happening tonight. "

" you'll see. " she whispered as she looked into his cold blue eyes with a wicked smile.

CRUELFOOLS