(One week later)

Enrolling Approval

page 3

Ziryahs pudgy tan hands were pressed against the glass like a puppy's paws in a pet store window. Driving in the vehicle of her Aunt Mrs. Kayla's. She drives like a maniac. We finally arrive at the airport.

Bracing against the dashboard had left my wrists in pain

Bracing against the dashboard had left my wrists in pain. I exited the vehicle and stretched my muscles. They're as stiff and tight as a month-old starburst left in a little child's pocket. Reaching into the rear seat of the car for mine and Ziryah's duffel bags, I arrange them to lay comfortably on either of my shoulders.

"Aww, that's just too cute." Mrs. Kayla says, a warm grin on her face. I grin and drop my head as if bowing. I take a step across to the opposite side of the car, where Ziryah had fallen asleep. Opening the door and speaking softly in her ear.

"Wake up...come on, we're already here." I gently touch her shoulder and nudge it slightly. She squints as her eyes flutter open. Stretches and yawns, delicately covering her lips with her hand.

"Already? ...Hmm." She sags back in her seat. "Keep hold of me." She mumbles, reaching out her arm towards me.

"Come on, let's go. 'Let's go...' 'Ugh'" I take her arms in mine and draw her to me. She leans into me, allowing me to help her out and onto her feet.

"Let's go, children. If you're late, don't expect me to try to get you another flight." Mrs. Keyla says as she walks up to us. 

I placed a comforting touch on Ziryah's waist as I guided her through the airport's doors. Squeezing through the little boors while shifting the baggage on my shoulder. I had to squeeze in sideways and overstep others to re-grab Ziryah's hand, which I had been disconnected from.

Mrs. Kayla follows us up to the airport's ticket counter. I place the bags down and seek the wallet I had so cleverly left in the front zipper of my bag. I take out my ID card and place it in the back pocket of my pants.

I snicker with Ziryah and lean in, mumbling in her ear and pressing my lips to the back of her ear teasingly. She giggles and kisses me on the cheek. Mrs. Kayla casts a sidelong glance towards us. Smiling and motioning for me to forward in line.

After getting our planes tickets, we go over to the chairs and sit

Mrs. Kayla hugs Ziryah tightly and walks over to me. I'm undecided on what to do. I extend my hand for a grand handshake, but she swats it away, drawing me into a tight hug. I pull back, but she tightens her hold and pulls me closer to her as she whispers in my ear.

"Take good care of her."

"Don't be too concerned. She's in capable hands." I respond in kind.

We were summoned to our plane and took off. Mrs. Kayla, Ziryah blows her a lot of air kisses as she goes away. And before we both board the plane, she gives me one final glance.

We arrive at the designated seating area, and I place our duffel bags in the bag department before snuggling onto the seat up against the window and allowing Ziryah to snuggle with me. She rested her head on my shoulder and settled down for the long ride.

I'd love for you all the give a comment on how you feel about this part!