Manmarziyan

This is an Ishqaan one-shot
about the night
Ahaan and Ishqi
had a heart to heart conversation
by the poolside

Har ladki meri tarah kismat wali nahi hoti, she told him,  and then looked down to complete her own words in her mind "aur badkismat bhi"

Aur har ladka meri tarah badkismat nahi hota...  He thought to himself but could not say it aloud.

As she stood up to go, Ahaan held her wrist. It was a moment of impulse, alien to his usual defensively in denial nature. He was already torn between letting her go vs wanting to spend and savour these last few moments with her before she goes away forever...

Even with just a couple of sips of beer,  his senses were threatening to overpower his self-restraint. It has been happening to him quite frequently in the past few days. Whenever it is about Ishqi, his impulses are wayyy more stronger than his rationale. 

Ishqi wasn't surprised.  Her own heart was screeching at the very thought that this could possibly be their last conversation like this before she gets married to his best friend tomorrow and their entire relationship dynamic gets a societal tag.

She turned around to look at him,  his eyes again spoke a million things to her but all he could utter was:

Thank you Ishqi

Aap already bol chuke hai!!

Uss baat ke liye nahi bol raha hoon

Phir?

Family ko chunne ke liye,
thank you Ishqi. 

For him,  it was always about family.
His family values had always attracted her to him while he had always judged her as a home wrecker. 

But wait a minute,  did he just appreciate her for choosing family? 

💭💭💭💭💭💭💭💭💭💭💭💭💭
Kya woh meri family values pehchanne laga hai ❓☑️
💭💭💭💭💭💭💭💭💭💭💭💭💭

How on earth did he know her dilemma?
How on earth did he know how difficult a choice it was that he felt the need to thank her?
How and when did he peep so deep into the crevices of her heart that he knew her entire being was still reluctant to accept her reality? 

Oh yes,  he would.
Obviously. 
Didn't he tick every box in her list? 
Every. Single. Criteria.
He could hear what she did not say.

But why now?
Why is he making things more difficult for her?   
Or is there something that he wants to tell her but is not able to.  As it is,  naam teen banda mean becomes very vocal while fighting and equally taciturn when it comes to his softer side.