Let Me Show Your Soul Something Beautiful

Hello and welcome to prompt #3! If you've been following me for a bit, you'll know that I've been part of a writing group on Twitter where we get a new prompt every other week. The other two have been for Choni, but this is my first Catradora one. Hope you enjoy!

Prompt: Stargazing

---

Catra was only a little upset. She was supposed to go on a date with Adora tonight. Adora was a tall, muscular blonde who was also a mutual friend. Catra and her roommate Scorpia had met Adora a few weeks ago when they attended a Friendsgiving at Perfuma's place. Perfuma, who was Scorpia's girlfriend, was who had tried her hardest to set the two up.

What had upset Catra was the text she had gotten from Adora. They were supposed to go out on their first date, but Adora had texted Catra to let her know that she had come down with a cold a few days prior. Adora was really hoping to feel better by Friday night, but that was not how things turned out.

Catra was upset because she had everything planned out perfectly. They would go to dinner, a movie, and finish the night at her favorite spot to stargaze. Of course, they would have to sit in her car because of the cold weather, but it would be worth it to spend time with Adora.

There wasn't any reason for Catra to believe that Adora was faking sick. She had learned through Perfuma that Adora was a terrible liar because she rarely did so. Finally, after two hours of fighting herself, Catra finally decided on a new plan.

This new plan involved her knocking on Adora's apartment door with a bag of takeout in one hand and a bag from Target in the other. Catra patiently waited in the hallway that she had only visited once, but remembered it well. Adora had left a dish at Perfuma's, which Catra had offered to return. Finally, she heard the door unlocking and was greeted by a stuffy nosed Adora, wrapped in a blanket.

"Catra? What are you doing here? I thought I texted you."

Catra was sure she had never seen a nose as red as Adora's was. "Yeah, you did. But I wanted to surprise you. Can I come in? I'm not afraid of getting sick." She held up the bags with a sheepish smile.

Adora stared at her for a moment, the gears in her mind slowly moving. She sighed. "Fine, but don't come crying to me if you get sick." She stepped aside to let Catra in.

"You've got a deal." Catra walked through the door and placed the bags on Adora's kitchen table. The studio was just how she remembered it, but with a few Christmas decorations. "I hope you don't mind, I brought a few things."

"I can see that." Adora chuckled hoarsely as she followed the other woman.

Catra felt bad for her sick date. Or a friend? She wasn't really sure what to refer to Adora as. She took off her coat and placed it over one of the dining chairs. "So, I stopped by this little sandwich shop that I love and got you some cheddar and broccoli soup and an all veggie sandwich. I wasn't really sure what you liked, but I remembered you being vegetarian."

"That's...insanely sweet of you." Adora smiled. Catra pulled the soup container and sandwich out of the bag. "Wait, you go to Defonte's? That's like my favorite place to eat. I go there all the time."

Catra lifted an eyebrow at the blonde. "Yeah, I've been going there for years. How have we never run into each other?"

"I'm not sure," Adora coughed as she tried to laugh. "But it's definitely a shame that we didn't meet sooner."

"Yeah..." Catra blushed. "Anyway, I uh...got you some cold medicine, too." She pulled out some Mucinex in pill and liquid form, as well as a box of Kleenex. "I wasn't sure what to get, so."