Introduction

Nowadays, the world can be a confusing place.

No, there are two sides to every story. It can be a lovely place with smiling people going about their business and children playing in the playground, or it can be a dismal hellhole where no one is safe. In a sense, it's a life-or-death gamble. In any case, not everything can have a happy ending. But, with everything they've got, they're eager to give it a shot whether it's up for it. Still, this raises a slew of questions. What exactly are they? Where did they originate from, exactly? Do they even have a place here? What made them in the first place?

And most importantly, where do they call it home?

It's basically a series of unresolved questions passed down from no one to no one. What an oddity. However, there was one thing that was kept buried beneath the village's deeper lairs. Narfolk is the name of the village. A unique town name, however some are more uncommon than others. The village was famous for its purity and respect for all other people. Children, adults, the elderly, youths, pets, cats (apparently), and many others have all coexisted in the vicinity. Helping others through their hard work and delicious meals, providing them with what they require, doctors treating them with care and medication, and all the nice stuff that goes above mankind.

Nothing has ever been so enjoyable.

That modest house among the joyful trees is the same approach.

Or, at the very least, that's what it believes everyone was thinking.

That particular incident, to be precise. Or how most other stories start.

November 5th, 6 AM. Fall was just around the corner, or at the very least, winter was approaching quickly. December should be up and running soon, followed by January and February.

A report was dispersed across the hamlet, begging for assistance in the search for a missing 19-year-old girl. There were no witnesses, and the only people that were close to the little youngster were two wonderful caregivers, and a doctor who claimed she was either ravenous or ill. However, due to their unclear health results, it could have been a bogus checkup. The case is now being investigated, and the two caregivers have gotten more worked up.

Some have said that she saw a dog and chased it, others said that she was with a stranger, and yet others said that she meant to flee for an unknown purpose, as has been claimed by a significant number of people. They were concerned that the two adults had angered her, but they refuted the allegation, predicting that she would merely flee and that they were unaware of her ambitions.

Even so, they are bemused as to why she would flee in such a manner, given that they had never heard of her before. Only from two people who described her as a darling. It didn't really make sense, they never saw her or talked to her, even giving her a hug wasn't something that they hadn't pondered.

Recently, the case began to deteriorate.

Nobody, not even the old grandpas and grandmas, ever mentioned it again. No one considered helping the wretched carers who pleaded constantly but received nothing in return. There were no traces, no evidence, nothing. "I'm sorry, it appears that we checked everywhere but couldn't find your child," they'd typically say, "However, I wish you the best of luck! Good day you two."

...

It's a pity that the village has become a little quieter recently. And no one is around anymore.

It seemed as if their optimism had sunk into despair.

But what was it?

What happened?

What even happened to these people?