Part 1: Chapter 4: The Dinner

Ryujin woke up and went to the bathroom to start her routine. She took a shower, brushed her teeth, and washed her face. But then when she looked up, she was wearing a traveler hat. Is this a bad dream? She thought.

She went downstairs in her hoodie to get her breakfast, but she noticed something. "Chaeryeong?!" she exclaimed. Chaeryeong looked at her, confused. "What the hell are you doing?!" she yelled. "Uhhhh, nothing!" she said, clearly lying. "Are those my cookies?!" she asked. Chaeryeong hid them behind her back. "I just, uh, wanted to taste food." Chaeryeong stuttered. "No. You do not live here. Get out. Now. Bad Chaeryeong. Bad." she said, forcibly. "Yup! Getting out. Right now." Chaeryeong said, running.

Ryujin went up to her room with Chaeryeong's notebook in hand. "Off my bed." she said. I must say, Ryu, it's nice on here! You know, the heating, the softness, the natural sunlight. I could get used to this," Chaeryeong said. "Okay, first of all, don't call me Ryu, and second of all, do not get used to it." she said. "Oh, if you want to know how I got it, I've seen you play Just Dance, so I looked up some cool dance moves and plugged then into the book." she explained.

"It says to 'oontz a lot.' What does this have to do with anything?" she asked. Chaeryeong didn't answer her. She was playing with a flamethrower. "Useless. Fucking pile of shit. I don't need this. I'm not going to do it!" She failed. "I'll do it. I'll do it."

"Chaeryeong, I can't keep oontzing! It's time to mix it up a little." Ryujin complained. "How about you try not sucking at dancing?" she scoffed. She did the whole oontzing thing and beat the level. "I did it! Yes! By oontzing."

"Chaeryeong, I can't do this. Maybe I should try and do this myself! Oh yeah, I'm not a rebel." she says.

"You know what, I don't need oontzing. I can use myself." She wins again. "There we go! Shin Ryujin is on a roll! Hey, Chaeryeong, I beat a level with myself in charge. Take that."

"Is that my phone?"

"Um, no?"

Ryujin beat more levels. "There we go! Putting myself in charge! You can kiss my ass, Chaeryeong! I don't need your stupid book, I don't need your stupid advice! I beat more levels by myself!" Ryujin said with arrogance.

"You got any games on this?"

"Huh? What's that, Chaeryeong? Did I just beat you at your game? Yeah! You wanna know how? By myself. Yeah."

"To be a world-class dancer, you have to identify who has given you dogshit advice. I was hoping you would see that you can't oontz your way to victory and have some balance."

"Oh. Uh, thanks."

"Had to get some water, need to recharge."

Ryujin felt as if she was the queen of the world. She oontzed, swayed, hell, even twerked her way to victory! There was mo way JYP wouldn't give her a contract. Absolutely no way.

"How do you play Fortnite on this?"

Ryujin savored this moment. She felt as if she achieved something else in life. She could finally prove to Lia that wasn't a lazy piece of shit. "I am a Just Dance Boss! Which song will face my wrath?!" And it was 7th Sense by NCT U. One of the hardest choreographies known to man. "Oh shit", Ryujin cursed under her breath. "What do you mean? Just skip the level, you'll be fine." Chaeryeong scoffs. "No. I'm not skipping shit. I'm doing this level." Ryujin said with confidence. "Fine. Have fun when your back breaks!" Chaeryeong said with arrogance. "Lia just texted me saying she made dinner, you know what, one more level." Ryujin said, her voice dripping with guilt.

But miraculously, she beat the level.

"What was that? Who beat this level? Oh, I did."

"Well uh, I-"

"Aww, are you sad? Yeah, suck on that!"

"This means nothing!"

"Nothing can stop me now!"

And it was true. Every level she beat with ease. Chaeryeong was flustered.

"T-That isn't in the notebook!"

Ryujin didn't care. She kept on beating every single level as if it was nothing.

"Ryujin, you should take a break."

She didn't listen. She kept beating every single level. Step by step. Move by move.

"And that, my friends, is how you get #1 on the leaderboards and the Just Dance Tournament of Champions. And, OH GOOD GOLLY MISS MOLLY IT IS 2AM."

"ARTIST OF THE MONTH. What... What happened."

"I got #1 on the leaderboards. That's what. Wooo! JYP HERE I COME! Dancer Ryujin out."

Ryujin came out of her room like a million bucks. She couldn't wait to tell Lia about what she did.

Or so she thought.

"Babe, you will not believe what what just happ-" Ryujin didn't finish her sentence. Lia wasn't at the table.

Ryujin felt guilty. She had invested all her time in dancing that she forgot all about her.

She sat at the table, with her now cold ramen, just staring at the chair that Lia usually sits at.