Part 13

Madara was sailing away from the annihilation of Ohara. The whole island was being lit to flames by the cannons from the Navy. It was a sad state for the extinction of  the scholars, but at least he could save two of them. A mother and daughter. Never have met before but now reunited after some time.  He began to bring out Olvia of the dimension.

The woman was still unconscious, but began to stir a few seconds later. She blinked, looking around confused, before jumping on her feet. "You won't catch me again!" She shouted.

Madara placed a hand on her shoulder, and caught the hook she tried to give him. It was a pretty good one too, for a civilian. "Don't worry. You're safe. I've apprehended this ship and having these Marines are my mindless puppets. You're not under arrest."

She stared at him, completely confused for a moment, before her memory caught up with her. "The professor! Ohara!"

Madara's head turned to the burning island, Olvia's gaze following his.

As coincident would have it, at exactly that moment, the Tree of Knowledge fell.

Silence reigned, then Madara placed a hand on his heart. "Rest in peace, scholars of Ohara. You have my greatest respect."

Olvia simply stared at the burning island, her eyes empty. "The Tree of Knowledge... 5000 years of growth, and now nothing remains. Just like that, five-thousand years of hard work erased."

Madara knew a broken person when he saw one, and knew Olvia wasn't too far away from becoming one. He mentally searched his dimension, and brought out something that could suffice her empty. It was her daughter, fast asleep by the shock of Madara's genjustu. Her eyes lit up before taking her in her arms. Another thing that he found was a object he originally intended to keep as a souvenir. He pulled it out and put it down in front of Olvia.

The woman looked at it. It was a pot with earth and what looked like a small branch placed in it. "What's this?" She asked.

Madara looked at her. "A cutting from the Tree of Knowledge. Whether or not a tree will grow from it depends on you." He walked away, but paused once more to look at her. "You are alive, your daughter is alive, the knowledge of Ohara still lives, and even the Tree of Knowledge lives on. From my point of view, there's no reason for despair."

Nico Olvia looked at the plant before her, seemingly lost in her thoughts. "Robin." She muttered, before looking up. She had been a horrible mother, leaving her daughter alone like that. And even though she had apologized for it, she had never made up for it. Also, she and her daughter were all that remained from Ohara, she simply couldn't just break down crying like this. It was her duty, for the professor and all the others to keep on, and find the truth. To also to protect Robin from all the trials and battles that they will come across in the future.

And it was her duty as a mother to protect Robin. A fire began to burn in her eyes. She now had a purpose.

Scene change

Sengoku could feel the headache forming. The Buster Call had been initiated, and Ohara was little more than a pile of rubble. That in and of itself would have been acceptable, but not only had the former vice-admiral Jaguar D Saul shown up and smashed a number of battleships, but Madara Uchiha, the most wanted man since Gol D Roger and the Yonkou, had shown up and sunk the remaining ones, save one that the man had taken for his escape. In addition, two Oharans that could read Poneglyphs had escaped. Both Nico Olvia and Robin had escaped with Madara Uchiha, meaning that the chances of capturing both of them were slim. The man was hard to find during his impact towards the marines. Since it never looked good when a former marine wrecked havoc amongst his once-comrades, the one responsible for the loss of the battleships Madara didn't burn down would be blamed on them. Indirectly that was actually true, since Saul had done it to protect her. With that, they could give her a pretty high bounty, that would attract many, and the girl was not really a threat as far as he knew, so there was no reason why she shouldn't be caught quickly. 79.000.000 beri should be enough of a temptation for all to abandon on the young child.

As for Olvia, her former bounty had been 43.500.000 beri, but since she was now associated with a Sinner, that would have to be raised. 94.000.000 beri had been confirmed.

Madara's bounty would remain unchanged for now, as they didn't want to put additional attention on the man's presence, seeing that he had completely defeated two vice-admirals, who had very strong logia-powers, and apparently either kidnapped or annihilated one more, who had a very powerful paramecia.

On the bright side, they had finally come up for an epitaph for Madara. Part of it came from his discussion with the Gorousei and a report from Sakazuki, but another part from a young Tenryuubito named Shalulia, who had seen Madara and since that day had essentially given him a title, which she refused to change. According to her the man had an aura around him, one that deserved no different title than the one she was giving him.

So the man with one of the highest bounties in the world now had an epitaph by which the world would soon know him. While not Godslayer, it still sounded too grand for Sengoku's taste, but renouncing it would be ignoring the opinion of a Tenryuubito, and even though there probably were other World Nobles that could refuse, Sengoku had to admit that the title fitted. And it wasn't like they hadn't used royal titles as pirate-epitaphs before.

The Emperor of Pandemonium, Madara.