"Hello" she says joyfully "How nice it is to have you in our home. This place could surely use with some young people here again. she says approaching us, and hugging us tightly, the way I remember my grandmother doing to me so many years ago, before she passed. "It's very nice to meet you, I am Annie. And what a gorgeous couple you two make, allow me to say."

I smile delighted at her "Thank you, for having us in your home. This one here is my beautiful wife, love of my life, Hayley and I'm Julius." I tell her kissing Hayley's head in affection.

"Oh, so wonderful! They remind me of us Walter!" she says exited "Come, come, let's eat before the food gets cold. We can get to know each other as we take our meal." she says motioning for us to seat.

"This looks and smells delicious Annie." Hayley finally speaks once we are all sat down.

"Thank you dear. You must learn how to make this kind of meals now that you have a man to feed. God knows Walter here can't cook anything to save his life." she says teasingly.

Walter chuckles and kisses his wife's hand "That is why God put you in my life Annie. I couldn't ask for a better woman."

"I'm not actually a very good cook." she says, surprising me. "My mother was never around much when i was young so I had nobody to teach me."

This was interesting. I don't know much about her life because she refused to share anything remotely personal about herself and her life, besides being a hunter, so maybe I could actually take this chance to learn a little bit about my mate.

"My older brother tried to teach me a little bit, but he was just as bad as me." she says chuckling "Let's just say that our father wasn't very pleased when the fire department had to be called home, one day."

We chuckled at the story, me sucking up every piece of new information about her, for example, she had a brother. I didn't know that. Does she have any more brothers? Maybe sisters?

"Oh you poor thing, you know...cooking is one of the most important skills a woman can learn..." Annie starts lecturing as she feels up our plates but I quickly interrupt her.

"Well, thankfully I am a very good cook, if I do say so myself. So I'll be doing most of the cooking in the kitchen." I tell them pridely. "Might even share some of my secrets with my misses here." I tell them winking at Hayley, who I could tell was trying not to scowl.

"Oh, how wonderful. Did your mother teach you Julius?" Annie asks as we start eating.

"My sister actually." I respond taking a bite of the food. "This is really good Annie, you clearly have a talent." I commend her, taking another bite. "Anyway, my sister Cleo, that's her name, is actually 8 years older than me, so in a way she was the one who took care of me when my parents couldn't, so we got to spend a lot of time together growing up. She actually has a bakery now, everybody back home loves her baked goods."

"Really? She must be quite good then." Annie comments with a happy smile "Walter and I only had Annabelle, our daughter. We wanted more kids but God didn't will it so, but she is married now, and she already gave us three grandchildren to pamper so there is no shortage of love here. Do you two plan to have kids?"

"Definitely." I say at the same time Hayley says "We're still thinking about it."

I chuckle at the awkwardness and try to play it light. "I want a litter, but Hayley says she only wants one. I'm still trying to turn her to my side."

"You two are still young, you have plenty of time for kids." Walter says with his ruff voice.

"That's true, we can just keep on practising until then, isn't that right Hayls?" I tease Hayley shamelessly.

Walter laughs at the shocked look on Hayley's face, and the blush spreading through her face.

"You've embarrassed your misses now, son." Walter says still chuckling "Perhaps you should give her a kiss, uh?" he says winking. Unfortunately, what seemed like a harmful action for him, was something that caught us totally unprepared.

"There's no need for that" Hayley says with hurry "Besides, it would be very bad manners to kiss while at dinner." she says trying to get out of this situation.

"Exactly, very bad manners." I agree, my heart beating a little faster just at the prospect of kissing my mate.

"Don't be daft. Kiss your wife, son." Walter says with a voice that said there was no room for argument.

"I really shouldn't...."

"Kiss her!" he repeats, and I could tell he was starting to find odd my reluctance to kiss my new wife. So I did the only thing I could do. I turn to Hayley and found her looking at me already. A look on her face, I could describe. I had no idea what she was thinking, or if she was going to sock me after this. Probably will. But I go for it either way.

Now this isn't how I pictured kissing my mate for the first time, but beggars can't be choosers. I place my hands on either side of her face and pull her closer to me until our lips found each other in a passionate way. What was supposed to be a quick peck in the lips turned into something much more when she started responding to the kiss just as eagerly as I did. This was like any kiss I had before. Her hands were on my arms, her fingers curled tight in my shirt, to push me away or keep me in place, I don't know. I force myself to push her away and end the kiss. She was breathing fast, her eyes on mine, her lips swollen from the kiss. She looks delectable. And I had to force myself not to lean in again, and steal another kiss from her.

"Now that's a kiss!" Walter exclaims loudly and cheerful as he drinks another glass of wine.

I turn to look at them and feel my face turning slight red. I scratch the back of my head in embarassment.

"I guess I can't contain myself around her." I chuckle

We eat the rest of dinner without any more fuss and Hayley excuses herself upstairs while I talk with Walter.

"Walter I can't thank you enough for allowing us to stay here tonight. You welcomed your home to strangers and we couldn't be more thankful." I thank him.

"It's no trouble son. It was already pretty late for someone to be driving around this hour of the night. I'm glad they are coming tomorrow. Wouldn't want anybody getting into another accident now would we?"

"Definitely not." I agree. I look at the picture scattered around the living room. In several of them we could see a woman in various stages of her life, Annabelle, their daughter, most likely as she grew, later with kids by her side. "Does your daughter come visit often"?

Walter stares longingly at the image of his daughter.

"Mostly on holidays." he says with a happy glint in his eyes "Let me give you some advice son, as a married man, to the other. Money, work, it means nothing if we don't cherish the people that we love. If there is one lesson, I learn in my many years of living is that family is all a man needs to feel fulfilled. You have a very lovely wife upstairs, treat her right."

"I will." I promise. And it was a promise I intended to keep, if only she would let me.

THEY HAD THEIR FIRST KISS!!!!

Keep reading to find out how their story evolves! Don't forget tooo...

VOTE ⭐

COMMENT ✍️

SHARE 💌