Just like my father.

The empty banquet halls echoed with my hard footsteps. I adjusted my tie before stopping my strides. I rested my head against the blood red walls.

"Alpha King!" A familiar voice called me causing me to sigh.

"What is it now, Chancellor Tarah?"

"You walked out during one of the most important speeches of your life!"

I looked over at her indifferently. "It's just the rehearsal."

She chuckles. "You're lucky it is. I don't know what has gotten into you. This isn't like you. Your inauguration into your title is tomorrow and both your father and mother will be there. Don't make your father regret his decision...you must be strong just like your father."

I gripped the edge of my desk in anger reminiscing moments in the past. I got up from my desk and started walking to my office door. As I gripped the knob my mind began to dwell on Brielle. I wonder what she was doing right now. She was probably invested in that feature of hers...or reading a nice book.

Images of us kissing earlier took over. If only she knew how badly I wanted to take her right then and there...right over there on my desk. If only she knew how hard it was for me to keep what we were just between us. If only she knew how badly I wanted to show her beauty to the world...

But if protecting her from the public would protect her from my own flesh and blood...then I would do it. If the normal life she lives means so much to her...I would never change that.

I love her?

I had deep love for her but I could not decipher the intensity of these feelings.

I sighed once again before opening the door and heading to my room.

━━༻❁༺━━

Getting out of the shower there were many things on my mind. I dried myself off with my towel before my phone which was sitting on the marble countertops rang. I look over at the phone with furrowed brows to see Mason's name on the screen before picking it up with my dry hand and answering.

"Hello,"

"Alpha, we have a situation."

"More feral wolf sightings?" I questioned.

Lately, I have received numerous alerts from my warriors about feral wolves being spotted in specific areas in the countryside and one was even found in the city. The sightings have gained notoriety throughout the United Packs of Eleftheria and have been plastered throughout every news publication at the moment.

Feral wolves were werewolves who conformed less to their human side. Werewolves naturally were 50-50 in the ratio of identity but feral wolves were 80-20 making them extremely dangerous to civilization. They were classified predators.

"No... it's Ms. Winters," Mason said briefly causing my natural protective extinct to surface. "We need you in the council room."

The line ends and I look at my reflection in the wide mirror with focus.

Ms. Winters, what have you done?

━━༻❁༺━━

I walked into the council meeting room and two guards quickly shut the door behind me and stood in front of the door protectively.

I narrowed my eyes looking at a concerned Mason and a distraught Ava looking at me with her big doe hazel eyes. Beta William sat in one of the wooden chairs watching me uncomfortable with a sheepish grin.