Mr. Malfoy wore a long black robe, under which he wore a richly decorated tunic. The tunic was a dark gray in color, the decorations were added in dark shiny yarn, making it look exuberant, yet tasty. Underneath he wore black, tight pants paired with high dragonskin boots. He looked powerful, ready for battle.

Draco wore a black suit, like Muggles liked to wear. His dress shirt and tie were black, the only color in his outfit was the silver brooch in the shape of a dragon. His whole demeanor was arrogant and he hadn't even looked at Harry once.

Narcissa Malfoy was wearing a deep green velvet dress, which had a medieval cut. She wore large jewels- a way to display her wealth, Harry assumed.

The Malfoy family's attire differed from the clothes Harry and Marvolo were wearing. They were both wearing three-piece suits, the cut clearly of a wizard. The trousers ended over their navels and were embroidered with dark ornaments, their waistcoats were not black like their trousers, but deep blue, with a spotless white shirt underneath. It reminded Harry of wizards' attire in the 1930s and he had to admit that he preferred this style which seemed much more suited to quick attacks than the long flowing robes Mr. Malfoy wore.

Mrs. Malfoy stirred her cup of tea loudly with her spoon, with a contented sigh she sipped her hot drink, gazing at her company with sharp eyes. "I understand from my husband that you have come here to find a suitable match for your... son?"

Marvolo gave her his most charming smile. "A woman of your stature feels such things flawlessly... I confess that I indeed seek help in the search for a good match for my heir."

Mrs. Malfoy looked at him affably. "I don't see why you came here for such an undertaking. Surely, are there others who are better... suited to help you?"

Harry saw Marvolo's index finger tap the soft fabric of his chair three times. His gaze remained unchanging, with charm he laughed away the thinly veiled insult. "I came here because your husband is discredited with me. He owes me something; a lot more than a possible marriage contract."

A scornful laugh came from Mr. Malfoy. "I don't owe a debt, by the likes of you," he said, looking down Marvolo's figure with his cold blue eyes. "You are an unknown, resting on an old name with obscure relatives scarcely more than squibs."

Mr. Malfoy stood up and gave the seated Marvolo a mocking, arrogant look. "However, I must commend you for your bravado; the last person to call himself Slytherin's heir was the Dark Lord himself - I'm not sure if using his name in vain is really stupid or very brave."

Marvolo shook his head and began to laugh softly. "Oh, Lucius, you amuse me so much." He got up and walked over to the Malfoy patriarch. He was taller than Lucius and walked like a caged panther- menacing and deadly. He stopped just in front of Lucius, his face showing nothing of his thoughts, his lips curled mockingly. "Be a doll and sit down."

Lucius tilted his head slightly and raised his upper lip menacingly. "You are here as a guest in my house, you have no right-"

A hard blow with the flat of the hand to Lucius' right cheek interrupted him to further insult Marvolo. Crimson's eyes gleamed wickedly, white, sharp teeth revealed at the hint of a bleak smile.

With his right hand, Lucius wiped his cleft lip, which had been created by the ring Marvolo wore on his finger. He seemed seething, his blue eyes glowed dangerously and his breathing was heavy, but he said nothing and straightened his back threateningly.

Marvolo chuckled softly, a sound that cut to the bone in the context of Mr. Malfoy's split lip. With two fingers he fished a handkerchief from his breast pocket and threw it at the bleeding wizard. "The most beautiful quality of a true friendship is to understand and be understood with absolute clarity."