|"Saathi, Re"| (Part 2)

"Mmm... 

Saathi rey, thoda sa thehar ja,
Abhi mausamon ka badalna baaki hai,
O saathi rey, thoda thehar ja,
Kuch door saath chalna baaki hai..

Phir unhi raaston pe,
Tere mere kadmon ka milna baaki hai,
Dard mein, ranjishon mein,
Sang bujhna aur jalna baaki hai.."

*************

(Continued)

"I need to do something, I need to save bhaiya. Somehow! Anyhow!" His thoughts were frantic, his posture screaming distress as he quickly browsed through possible plans of action

"First, I should call the Chief, he would know what to do." He thought only to stop mid-way as another thought struck him, "But he would not take this seriously, I know it! He-He would perhaps make fun of me and perhaps may even forcefully summon me to the Academy. No... No, I need to do something else, Think, Karan, Think!"

But before another idea could come to his mind and he could think of another path, his bhaiya's phone rang again, the Caller ID displaying the same number as before.

"It seems I was mistaken. You are not Param Shergill, are you? But then who would you be?" The voice on the other end spoke, musing wickedly, "A wife, a sibling or a friend? Whoever you are, I am sure you would love to listen to his screams of terror as we beat him black and blue, what say? Can you hear them, hmm, in the background?" And then to his utmost horror, a terrifying scream broke out in the backdrop, filled with fear and pain. "No, that is not my brother. It can not be. You are lying!" He shouted, unable to control his anger and helplessness.

"Ah, so you are the man's brother. Hmm, Interesting! Anyways, As for the if he is your Bhaiya or not, you can come and confirm yourself. " And with that the caller hung up on him again, leaving behind a Karan, whose mind saw to no reason, and whose steps were rushed and panic-stricken, instead of calm and composed.

"I am coming, Bhai, I am coming!" He chanted in his mind as he rushed towards where his brother had gone to, the Dark forest near the Academy.

******************

"Bhai, Bhai, where are you, bhai?" He shouted as he paved his way through the forest, avoiding stones and pits of the muddy path.

"Karan? Is that you? But what are you doing here? I told you not to follow me, did I not? Leave at once. Go." His brother's answering scream fell into his ears, but he could not locate him yet.

"First tell me, where are you, bhaiya? Are you hurt? Did those attackers torture you or anything? Tell me bhai, I heard your screams on the phone."

"My screams? What? Oh shit..No..No..No.. This is not happening!" His brother's reply was downright alarmed and frightened.

"What happened Bhai? He asked, as he finally reached where his brother was standing looking all fit and fine, except for an occasional scratch here or there.

"Karan, Look at me, Yes, now remember, whatever happens, never for even a second believe that this was your fault. You are still under training and need proper guidance. And listen, I will always be proud of you, no matter what!" His brother suddenly spoke, keeping a hand on his shoulder before he hugged him tightly.

Umm..Thank you, bhaiya but I don't understand. What is happening? And why would I believe it to be my fault?" He asked, confused and scared.