Chapter 5: Awkward Dinner

Nobody's POV:

Y/n,the quads and Mea went back to the Harpers house. When they arrived Anne and Tom was cooking stuffed sweet potatoes,  grill chicken and salmon.

Anne:Hey kids come help set the table so we can eat.

The quads:Ok mom

Y/n and Mea: Ok Mrs Harper

Anne: I told you two call me Anne

Y/n and Mea: Sorry forced of habit hehehe.

After they set up the table. They all set and eat their food. Out of curiosity Anne asked an un-expected question....

Anne:So Y/n any boys?

y/n almost choke on her water while she was drinking.

Y/n's POV:

Y/n:Uh no-

Anne: How bout you Nicky?

Nicky:Uh yes but i have to make sure she likes me first.

Ugh damn it y/n he defenitly. Shupid feelings he likes someone else. UGH i wanted to tell him that i liked him but he already likes someone else i can't ruined our friendship.

Dawn: Y/n earth to y/n helloooooo N/n

Y/n:Uh what what?

Dawn:You kinda space out

Y/n: Oh sorry what did ya'lll say?

Ricky: Oh we were wondering who are you gonna go to amusment park after school tomorrow? Cause we all are gonna go with our parners for art class. So i'll be going with avery. Dawn's going with Mace.Nicky's going with his Ex Olivia (Ricky says while rolling his eyes) dude i can't belive your going with her. Anyways Dicky's going with Mae.

Oh he's going with his ex. She never really likes me.Uh whatever i'll just go alone.

Y/n:I'll just go alo- wait what is the date tomorrow??

Dicky:Uh March 17 why??

Y/n: OMG i'm sorry guys i can't go tomorrow i-i-i have some family stuff to deal with tomorrow but i'lll confirm come the next time we go!

I just forgot that tomorrow is the anniversary 1 year of my grandmothers death. I promise her that after she 1 year of her death i'll read the later that she wrote to me before she passed.

*Flashback*

Y/n's POV:

It was a normal day at home as usual my parents are on ANOTHER business trip.It's like their millionth time this month! Ugh whatever i'll just be on my phone and wacth the tv or something. Hmm i'm kinda hungry should i cook or to order that is the question. I decided to cook cause I there is nothing interesting to order. Anyways while i was cooking a chicken sandwich until my phone rang.

*on the phone*

y/n:Hello?

Y/m:Honey pack your bags we are going to (your hometown)

Y/n:Oh ok but why??

Y/m:I'll tell you in the car.I'm five blocks away....

Y/n:Ok....

I finished packing and waited my mom outside.I saw my moms car and hoped in the passenger sit.

*In the car*

Y/n:So are you gonna tell me why we are going back and see  Nana??

Y/m:Honey your Nana ha-ha-has passed away....

After i heard that my world felt like it was over. My grandma was my bestfriend. She was there when nobody was there.

Y/n:Wha-what you-your jok-joking

i said while sobbing

Y/m:No honey i am not...

I felt like i lost a part of me. Who is gonna help her with her boy problem. Who is she gonna tell all her secrets to.

After what felt for ever we finally arrived. We went in the house ad i saw my grandma on the bed peacfully. I walk to her while shaking. And i saw she was holding an envelope that has my name on it. My aunt told me to take. I toke the envelope and read the envelope it said "My dear Y/n bear pls read this 1 year after my death yours truly Nana"

After the funeral i cried my eyes out on her bed. After a day my mom told me to pack to go back beacuse i had school the next day. I packed all of my stuff and brought one of Nana's Favourite blankets with me.

*End of flashback*

Nicky's POV:

I wonder what N/n has to do tomorrow? She never told me anything  special about March 17. She usaly tells me everything weird- I'll just ask her later when it us just the two of us.

Anne:So Nicky who is the special girl??

NIcky: Well she's in my grade shes in most of my classes but i think she likes someone else?

Anne:I'm sure she likes you Nicky

Nicky:Thanks mom

Anne:So y/n what did you have to do tomorrow?

Y/n:Oh nothing its just a family thing

Strange she sound so tense.

Anne:Oh ok and if you need a ride just ask me oke?

Y/n:Ok thx

Anne:No problem Honey

The rest of the dinner was awkward for some reason.Everyone was so quite. Strange.

Nobody's POV:

After dinner they cleaned up the table and went to their room. Y/n had to stayed the night in Nicky's room because Mea was sleeping in Dawns room.