As they continued their journey for another hour, a scorching strong gust of wind carrying sand grains started to blow. Without trees to protect them from strong winds, it slammed directly through their bodies, making them stagger as they walked.

Hakken was in front, guiding everyone and trying to look for the right way in the midst of the strong, sandy winds that kept slamming into them. Everyone was looking down, protecting their eyes by lowering their heads and putting their arm over their eyes.

Because of the strong winds, the six people traversing the barren land slowed down, but they kept up their pace. They didn't stop even though Grath was basically carrying Zassia's body. They continued walking until the wind finally subsided.

Everyone was thankful that the winds finally died down, and just as Grath, Zassia, and Cira were about to drop on the ground to rest and loosen their guard, they all froze, realizing that they were not safe at all.

Because of the strong winds, they couldn't clearly see their path and unknowingly walked into the middle of a confrontation between a hoard of five-meter-long scorpions and four-meter-long lizards with spiky skin all over their bodies.

They were surrounded, and there was no way out. Even the direction they came in was crawling with scorpions.

"Oh, my deities..." Cira nervously muttered, sensing the danger.

Zassia started praying to Queen Sollel. "Queen Sollel, please bless us with strength and guide us out of here with your wisdom."

Cira glanced at Zassia blankly. How could Queen Sollel guide us with her wisdom when the Queen herself is trapped with us! Cira wanted to smack Zassia's head for praying wrongly when Hakken spoke.

"Ready to run."

Grath roamed his wolflike eyes. Scorpions with a deadly venom on the left and Lizard with spiky bodies that could trample anyone blocking its way on the right. "Can we even run?"

"Fight while running." Hakken drew his war blades.

Nervous, Cira readied her bow and arrows while looking at the scorpions. Zassia was trembling as she held her staff in front of her like she was using it as a shield against the lizards. Grath, on the other hand, had his sharp claws out, and Xeke was holding his dagger in reverse, ready to use its ability to escape.

Hakken glanced at Sollel who now stood beside him. "My lady..."

"Don't worry about me," Sollel replied while observing their enemies.

The scorpions, she could handle since scorpions were afraid of fire. But the lizards, their skin was so thick and spiky, it could not easily be penetrated by weapons. And their weight alone could trample anyone.

"We can't escape," Zassia muttered under her breath, but everyone heard her.

"Thank you, Lady Zassia." Xeke's voice was filled with sarcasm. "Thank you for your inspiring words."

"I'm just telling the truth," Zassia immediately explained why she thought they couldn't escape. "Those lizards, in contrast to their huge bodies, they're very fast and agile, they have very thick skin that couldn't be penetrated easily, and they're very heavy. And those scorpions have deadly venom. One drop and you'll be paralyzed in a matter of seconds, and you'll die in a matter of minutes."

Xeke clicked his tongue. "In short, we need coffins. Yay! Very motivational, Lady Zassia."

Hakken's expression became serious. "If we couldn't run like planned, then we'll force our way out."

"Hmm." Grath nodded, his claws sharp and ready. "Let's fight our way out."

Cira gripped her bow and readied five arrows in her hand. To penetrate the lizards' and the scorpions' skins, she covered the arrows with her essence for additional penetrative power.