A Night on the Town

When Luz and Amity finished their lunches they left the restaurant and headed back to the market's, this time however they weren't looking for a specific place and were wandering around aimlessly.

After a few minutes of wandering they arrived at a carnival. "Huh, I didn't know the carnival was in town," Luz said, looking at the stands and rides all around her "wanna go?" "Sure." Amity replied, not really paying attention, her eyes locked on the carnival.

"Are you even paying attention?" Luz asked, with a smirk on her face. "What, oh yeah, sorry, it's just I've never been to a carnival before, or anything like it." Amity responded, still staring at the carnival. "Really? Oh well it's really fun. We can get rotten candy and go on the roller-ghoster and- what?" Luz asked after seeing Amity stare at her funnily. "Sorry it's just, you looked really cute gushing about the carnival." Amity said, blushing slightly. "Oh, thanks," Luz responded shyly. "so is that a yes?" "Oh right uh yeah, sure." Amity responded.

The two walked into the carnival together and headed to the rotten candy stand. Luz bought two while Amity looked around in amazement. Luz gave the vendor a few snails and took the rotten candy, she turned towards Amity and laughed before she poked her in the face. "Hey!" Amity cried as she turned to Luz "What was that for!?" "I got the rotten candy." Luz said, handing one to Amity. "I'm sorry, it's called what?"

Amity and Luz sat on a bench and and ate the rotten candy. Amity stared at it cautiously for a few seconds before she finally bit into it, her eyes lit up and she started chomping through it. Luz looked towards Amity and laughed before she started eating hers.

After Luz and Amity finished their rotten candy they headed to what Luz kept saying was the best ride, the roller ghoster. After a few minutes of waiting in the line they arrived at the front of the line and got on the roller ghoster. The operator turned towards the gates and pressed a button to open them allowing the two as well as a few people behind them to board. Luz and Amity sat down next to each other as the handle bars descended on them. 

"So when does it st-" Amity asked before she was interrupted by the ride starting abruptly and knocking the wind out of her. "Now." Luz managed to get out despite the handle bar being pressed against her chest. Luz could feel herself slowing down though and she looked up and saw her favorite part. "Here it comes." She squeaked out, even though Amity couldn't hear her over the screams of everybody else. The ride began to slow as it started to rise up. Amity turned towards Luz with fear in her eyes as she saw what was about to happen. The ride reached the apex of the incline and started going down. The roller ghoster rocketed down, knocking everybody as far back into their seats as they could go. Suddenly though, Luz felt a strange feeling on her hand, and when she looked she saw Amity was holding it.