What's Next?

When the eroding abomination wall finally got under Luz's eye-line she could see a very good sign. Twelve people were on their knees with their hands behind their heads. There were what seemed to be twenty emperors coven guards standing behind everyone one their knees, each guard holding their staff to one of the people on their knees heads. 

"What happened here?" Luz asked, stepping over the barrier as it finally got low enough to step over. "They were outmatched." One of the guards in the middle said. "Clearly." Luz said, she turned back towards Amity and grabbed her arm. Amity's face turned slightly red and she immediately turned away. "The Princess is safe too!" Luz said, holding Amity's arm high above her head.

Amity pulled her hand down and began walking to the guard in the middle. "Care to explain what these twelve were trying to do?" Amity asked, her voice filled with venom. "It seems these idiots were trying to kidnap you." The guard in the middle said. "Why me? Why not Edric or Emira? They're the next in line." Amity said. At the mention of Emira's name the guard in the middle tightened his fists and his golden mask started to shake a bit. 

"Maybe they weren't the smartest? They did try to break in on a training day, when there would be the most guards. Also they tried to kidnap Princess Amity when I was the one protecting her, not to toot my own horn but I'm a pretty great guard." Luz said, waking over to the Golden Guard. "I'm pretty sure when we were fighting these guys I saw you knocked out." The Golden Guard said, pointing to the mark on Luz's head that lead to her unconsciousness. "What? No... that's... that's ridiculous." Luz responded in a poor attempt to hide that up. "Uh huh, sure." The Golden Guard said sarcastically.

The Golden Guard walked over to Princess Amity and started to talk to her. "So what happened?" The Golden Guard asked, snapping Princess Amity out of her stupor. "Oh uh... We were walking to my next meeting when the wall exploded. The guard over there got knocked out and I had to knock out someone who ran in trying to grab me. Eventually the guard got up and we filled up the hole with abomination goop." Princess Amity responded, pointing to the hole. "Well sounds like Luz over there really did their job to perfection." The Golden Guard said sarcastically. 

"What was I supposed to do? Freeze time?" Luz asked exasperated.  "You could've, I don't know, cast a spell!" The Golden Guard yelled sarcastically. "I had half a second, Nobody's reaction time is that fast!" Luz yelled. The Golden Guard was going to respond but was interrupted by Princess Amity. "Guards, Silence, your giving me a headache with all this screaming. Just take me back to my room please." Luz walked over to help her but the Golden Guard waved her away and started escorting Princess Amity through the hole in the wall and back into her room.

Nine-Teen Hours Later

Luz woke up to yet another note sliding under her door, this time though she knew what it was gonna say. Something along the lines of her immediate firing.

But when she got up to look at it it didn't say what she expected. "Report to Princess Amity's room for reassignment, you have been assigned to her royal guard." "Wait, what?" Luz asked.