When she was done, brushing through her wildly tangled hair, she went out to put on her makeup, aka just some lipgloss and mascara, but Kaleidoscope was already there. "Hey. Just awake?"

"Yeah," Eden's voice was low from disuse, and she cleared her throat. "Thanks, Piper, for — for getting me to sleep. I haven't done that by myself for . . . a while. So I really appreciate it."

Kaleidoscope smiled at her. "Of course, Eden."

Eden went over to her vanity and put on whatever small makeup she wanted, and she could feel Kaleidoscope's gaze on her, which made her feel slightly uncomfortable.

But also, maybe she was just admiring Eden's hotness. Despite the fact that she had a boyfriend.

"I'm gonna grab something to eat," Eden said, looking behind her at Kaleidoscope. "Is there Capture the Flag today?"

"I already pulled your name from the list, if that's what you're asking," she nodded.

"God, you're the fucking best." Eden didn't look at her when she said it, putting on some sandals and leaving the cabin and her feelings.

But as soon as she opened the door, someone was about to barge in. Thalia's hand was outstretched, ready to open the door. "Water Girl?"

"God, you know how much I hate that nickname." Eden tackled her into a hug, breathing her scent in. She would probably hang out with Perfect Jason, which would be fine, considering she had to tell Con and Trav that she'd actually slept today, though she figured that Kaleidoscope told them. Nonetheless, she stayed around Lia.

"I know," Eden felt her smile into her hair. "Did you really go to sleep for a full seventeen hours?"

"You know it, babe," Eden hopped down from her, fixing her hair and grinning. "I was gonna tell Connor and Travis about the good news, y'know. And also eat something, I'm fucking starving."

Pinecone Face frowned. "Oh. I was gonna take you out."

"On a date?" Eden's grin widened. "You're literally the leader of the aromantics."

"And? I can still take my best friend out on dates, can't I?"

"Yeah. True. Fine, I'll go with you. But we're going to that real fucking sick ice cream place in the mall. I deserve it after all I've been through."

Pinecone Face put her arm around her shoulders. "Exactly what I thought. I was gonna treat you to some new outfits, too."

"My fucking hero," Eden gasped, putting a hand on her chest and looking back at Kaleidoscope. "Can I go? Have any more plans for me?"

Kaleidoscope shook her head. "I'm good. I was gonna pull Leo out from Bunker Nine." She nodded her head toward the area. "But have fun. Bring me back something."

"You know it," Eden winked. "Tell him I say hi!"

* * *

"You're in love with her."

Eden let put a groan, looking up from where she was eating her Neapolitan ice cream, with added chocolate chip cookie dough bites because she wasn't a maniac.

Anyway, why was literally everyone starting their sentences like this? At this point, fucking Zeus would come up to her and tell her that she was in love with his son's girlfriend.

As if she didn't already know that.

"Which her?" Eden asked innocently, pointing toward an innocent blonde. "Her? Yeah, she's fucking hot."