Nickname - CHAPTER 59

Start from the beginning

----------------

Biting his now raw lip, Remi looked around at his spotless apartment. He'd cleaned the entire apartment out of anxiety until it was squeaky clean.

He wanted to keep himself busy. He had to. If he was distracted, he wouldn't be thinking about whether or not Elio was okay. He wouldn't focus on how much he missed Elio. It was a perfect plan.

Needing a refresher after all of the cleaning he'd done, Remi went to his room and picked out a fresh set of pajamas before he went into the bathroom and started up the shower. The bathroom fogged up quickly from the heat of the shower. Perfect.

Remi hopped in and washed his body and his hair thoroughly. He didn't get out until his skin was all pruny. At least he smelled good though.

As usual, Remi moisturized his body, put his pajamas on, which just included a pair of shorts with an old t-shirt, and he wrapped a towel around his hair. As he was walking out of the bathroom, he heard his phone buzz on the nightstand. He went over to it and grabbed his phone, turning it on.

It was Marcelo.

Remi opened the messages. It was a video of Elio sleeping, snoring softly with his mouth slightly open and his stuffy held tightly to his chest.

Marcelo

Marcelo: We took a short walk
through the neighborhood.
When we came back, he ate
dinner and played with his
toys for a while before he
climbed into bed and got
knocked clean out.

Remi: Yep, he's an early
bird when it comes to
bedtimes. Mostly my fault
though because of my
schooling lol

Marcelo: No, no. That's
good that he has a set
schedule like this. You're
perfectly fine!

Marcelo: He looks like you
to me in the video.

Remi: Really?

Marcelo: Definitely. He's
adorable.

Remi: Yep, he's the
cutest! :)

Marcelo: What about me? Hm,
hm?

Remi: No, just him :)

Marcelo: 💔

Marcelo: I can't handle this
heartbreak, Teo.

Remi gasped as his eyes ran over the last message that Marcelo sent him. He couldn't believe it. Teo. Marcelo called him Teo again. Marcelo called him Teo again! A smile spread across Remi's face as he typed up his next message.

Remi: I didn't expect that.

Marcelo: ?

Remi: You calling me Teo.

Marcelo: Oh!

Marcelo: I didn't even realize.
It was just a natural reaction.
Are you okay with me calling
you that again?

Remi: I don't necessarily
have a problem with it.

Marcelo: Okay. Nice to know
I didn't blow things up.

Remi: :))

Feeling butterflies in his stomach, Marcelo closed his eyes. He was conflicted. He wanted to be friends with Remi again, but he didn't want it to seem like he was coming onto Remi too fast.

Marcelo mentally cursed and looked over at a sleeping Elio. Out of all of the mistakes that he'd made in his life, leaving Remi and Elio was the worst one he'd ever committed. Marcelo wanted to do whatever he could to fix things. Therefore, he swallowed his pride and typed up a message.

Marcelo: Can I take you out?

Marcelo: On a friends' date, perhaps.

Remi: Mmm.

Marcelo: We don't even have to
call it a date. Just a friends night
out.

Remi nibbled at his lip. He could tell that Marcelo was trying to fix things. His efforts were genuine. Maybe this night out could be a good thing. It could steer the two in a positive direction.

Remi came to this conclusion in the end, and a night out didn't sound too bad.

Remi: Sure.

Marcelo: Awesome! I'm free on
Saturday anytime after 4.

Remi: So am I.

Marcelo: Alright, then 5:00?

Remi: Sure.

Marcelo: Great, can't wait.

Remi: Can't wait.