🖤💖Fear of Hearing Loss - Soobin

Request by: Lily_Rose

Sorry if this isnt what you wanted! i tried to make it angsty but it turned more fluffy if you want me to re-write it just let me know!

Soobin wasn't known for being scared easily. He never jumped during horror movies or freaked out in the dark.

things like bungee jumping or sky diving and he wasn't known for getting spooked easily.

What his members didn't know was that soobin was afraid. He was afraid of one thing: going deaf.

Ever since he was a child he had loved music, he loved listening to music, hearing the key changes, the chords, the tempos change. He knew from a very young age that he wanted to be a musician.

As his love for music grew, so did his fear. Just thinking about not being able to hear could send him into a spiral.

The boys were all very busy today, a lot of them were in separate areas of the building working on different things. Yeonjun and soobin were in the studio to work on a duet for their next album and the younger boys were working on a dance project.

Yeonjun and soobin walked into the studio excited to work on their project.

"okay now we'll start with yeonjun, just sing your part so we can get a rough cut." The producer said.

Yeonjun smiled and hopped into the booth.

Soobin smiled at the oldest as he sang beautifully into the mic amazed by his raw talent as always. Yeonjun finished his part and stepped out of the studio feeling proud.

"how was that hyung?" yeonjun asked the producer.

"amazing yeonjun-ah! Your voice is so amazing."

Yeonjun smiled, his cheeks going red.

"seriously hyung, how do you sound so perfect?" soobin asked.

"I don't know, guess I was just born with it." Yeonjun teased booping soobin's nose.

"alright soobin-ah, your turn." The producer said.

Soobin smiled and earned a pat of encouragement from the eldest.

He entered the booth and put on the headphones.

"kay soobin, whenever you're ready."

He gave the man a thumbs up and waited to hear the music from the headphones.

He began to sing as the music filled his head smiling softly as he sang through the song.

He had finished the first verse when suddenly the lights flickered and the music glitched and then stopped for a second.

Soobin looked confused. He removed the headphones and looked through the window at an equally as confused yeonjun and music producer.

"hyung what happened?" soobin asked, his own voice echoing off the soundproof walls.

The man turned to him and said something but soobin didn't hear anything.

"what?"

The man clicked the mic button and repeated himself but soobin still couldn't hear anything. He saw his mouth moving but heard absolutely no sound other than himself.

His chest went tight. Why couldn't he hear anything? He dropped the headphones and walked up to the window with a desperate look on his face.

"h...hyung...hyung I can't hear you...." his voice was shaky, a panicky feeling swelling in his chest.