Chapter 2

"I'll miss you a lot you know." Harry said as they drank their coffee.

Zayn had changed into the cleanest clothes he had and walked with Harry to the nearest coffee shop. He lived in a small town so the shop barely had people and the ones there luckily didn't recognise them.

But people recognising them wasn't Zayn's concern. It was what Harry had said. He would miss Harry too, and it was almost too painful to say. But it was now or never.

"Me too." Zayn said.

"I flew out earlier than the guys so I could spend the week with my best friend." Harry said.

Zayn's heart swelled at that and suddenly he was crying. He felt like it was all the emotions he'd been containing spilling over just then.

Harry didn't say anything, just pulled Zayn into a comforting hug.

"We have the week to ourselves Zayn. I really hope I can help you." Harry said.

He didn't say that he would convince Zayn to come back, did not guilt him into anything. Instead just offered to help him get over his depression and that meant the world to Zayn. So Zayn let himself cry for another moment before he wiped his tears and gave Harry a weak smile.

"Thank you Hazza." Zayn said and Harry grinned at the use of his nick name.

"No problem Zaynie." He said.
-
The week with Harry started uneventfully. They both just sat in Zayn's room and talked. About everything. Harry listened to everything Zayn had to say. All his concerns and bad decisions; all his happy moments, and his sad ones.

"I feel the same way sometimes, you know." Harry admitted to Zayn on the second day they'd spent in Zayn's room.

Zayn's eyebrows furrowed in confusion not really understanding why Harry would ever hate fame.

"It gets to me. The hate, the lack of privacy. But I just think of all the good things in life. Like being able to do what I love with four of my best friends." Harry said.

Zayn just looked at him for a moment. Harry Styles, the confident and outspoken lad, had just admitted to hating the attention he got. It made Zayn realised that he wasn't the only one who felt that way, and it was somehow comforting. And what Harry said about doing what he loved with his best friends, it made Zayn think.

He too was happy when he was with the lads, performing on stage. He loved the adrenaline rush and the energy in the room. He loved each one of the boys for their own unique abilities. But despite that, the negative parts stood out to him, and then he couldn't focus on the positive things anymore.

"I won't ever get used to not being a part of one direction." Zayn admitted, his eyes tearing up.

"Neither would I, but Zayn just remember, you always have us by your side. We're right here and we're going nowhere. Even if we're physically apart by cities and continents between us, we'll stick with you till the end." Harry said, tears slipping down his face.

It wasn't the first time Zayn had seen Harry crying but the reason that caused it made his heart ache. He never really realised how much Harry cared until now. The promise he was making sounded far fetched but Zayn knew that if Harry said it, he meant it.

"I don't know how to do this. Not without you guys." Zayn said biting his bottom lip to stop himself from crying.

"We're with you Zayn. We understand that you have problems to get through. And we will be there with you through that too. We started this together, not just as a band but as best mates, and we will remain that way." Harry said.

All the words were hitting Zayn one by one and soon he was a sobbing mess. He couldn't ask for better friends and he doubted he would get any even if he did. How could they not hate him after he potentially ruined their career?

"It's ok Zayn. You'll be ok." Harry said rubbing Zayn's back comfortingly as he cried his eyes out.