Chapter 14: Operation: Daredevil

Start from the beginning

It was not what they expected...

There were tons of ships, Eggman's and Grendel's. It was going to be a three way fight to the bottom... Suddenly an explosion happened right outside the ship, knocking one of the Vampyrs off of it's rack and slinging it out of the ship, hitting Arnec and dragging him with Tangle out!
"Arnec, Tangle, you two okay!?" Sonic yelled over the radio. Arnec regained his focus as he saw the battle below, Tangle spinning as she plummeted. "I'm fine. Just try and clear the way for us!" he yelled before going into his demon form, hovering for a few seconds to go into it, and flying straight down towards her.
(117 - Halo 4 OST)

The battle was insane, explosions everywhere as he flew through it, the Sacred Promise launching it's forces.
"Woah, this is bigger than i thought!" Tails said over the radio.
"This is probably the biggest fleet Eggman's ever massed!"
"It's probably all he's got." Rouge responded. The Vampyrs flew in front of the two, clearing out any fighters headed for them. Arnec glided down towards the earth, Tangle in sight. He could hear Sonic on the radio
"Hey Egghead, I know you can hear me!"
"Sonic!? What the-!? How did you even get my frequency!?"
"Doesn't matter. Right now we're going to have to work together."
"And why should I!?"
"Because the enemy of my enemy is my friend. If Grendel wins... Everyone dies."
"Grendel won't win, because I will!" Eggman yelled. Sonic sighed but Arnec got onto the radio "Let him die with the past if he wants to!" Arnec yelled. He looked down and saw Tangle still falling. He sped up, feeling the wind hitting him and trying to push back. Suddenly he heard a loud boom and the wind suddenly lightened up! Then Tails got on the radio "Arnec, you just went past Mach 1! Are you okay!?"
"I'm fine. Tangle's in sight!" he yelled. He could see the earth getting closer and went faster.
"Oh my god... Mach 2!?" Tails yelled. Arnec staying silent before finally he caught up to her, slowing down so he could safely grab her. Arnec put his arms around her and spun her around, her face in his chest as he held her, leveling out as his wings spread like a bird. "Arnec!?" Tangle yelled before wrapping her arms around his neck and her legs around his waist so she wouldn't fall.
"I'm here!" he yelled.
"My head's spinning..." Tangle said, rolling her eyes. Arnec smiled "I bet..." he said quietly. Tangle smiled too as she put her head against his chest
"Thanks... Pretty Boy...."
"No problem... Love bug." Arnec said in response, looking down at her. Tangle smirked "Oh, I ain't snuggle muffin now?" She asked. Arnec chuckled ""Wanna hug, love bug?" rolls off the tounge better I think." Arnec said as he flew through an exploding ship, using his body and wings to shield her from the flames before spreading his wings yet again as they left the burning wreckage. Tangle looked up at him, smiling as he flew them through the battle. Suddenly a Vampyr flew in front of them, the rear hatch opening. Tails got on comms
"Get in!" he shouted. Two hostile Vampyrs got behind them, their reddish purple hulls shimmering. Tangle looked at Arnec "Use my tail!" She yelled. Arnec nodded and went to grab her tail, blushing as he accidentally grabbed her rear end. Tangle blushed too but didn't say anything as Arnec grabbed her tail, swinging it to the Vampyr's troop bay. Tangle's tail grabbed it, pulling them to the dropship. Arnec sat Tangle down and jumped out the hatch, spreading his wings to catch himself. He flew up to one of the Vampyrs and blasted it with his wing lasers, it falling in a fireball. Tangle was on her side but looked up, seeing Sonic awkwardly smiling "Long time no see, eh?" he said before watching Arnec latch onto the back of the hostile Vampyr, kicking his foot into the roof before prying the dropship in two with his hands! He quickly caught up to Tails and got in. Tails closed the door and smiled as he got onto the radio "That was crazy! You two okay?" he asked, Arnec huffing as he got out of his demon form. "We're fine. Shaken, but fine." he replied. He looked at Tangle and smiled "One way to make an entrance." he said with a smirk. Tangle chuckled as she looked out of a window on the rear hatch, explosions and ships everywhere. Arnec sat down by Silver and smiled a little "Hey Silver." he said, the Ivory Hedgehog doing a little wave "You okay? Looked like that ship hit you pretty hard."
"Im fine, thanks. Glad to see you're alright too."
Silver nodded, adjusting his bracelets. Arnec saw Whisper beside of Silver and got up, standing by Tangle. They then heard Nero on the radio...
"Hold on... We've got a new contact..." he said, Tails opening the rear hatch "Arnec, can you tell me what's going on?" he asked. Arnec looked and saw something at the bottom. Suddenly several ships exploded and that's when he saw what it was... A robotic centipede...