I felt like a hot mess, feeling my skin heat up at the thought of Drew showing up to pick me up and take me out. Although I felt tousled I knew I looked okay considering I had fixed my hair but now I was just freaking myself out.

Oh God if she took any longer to get here I was going to explode…

Then I heard my phone ring out from the counter.

I felt my heart slam against my rib cage, already knowing it was her. I ran my hands through my hair as I opened the text, “Waiting outside.”

I quickly grabbed my purse and exhaled a deep breath as I walked out of my door, locking it behind me and heading towards the front of the apartment complex. I could feel my legs shaking in anticipation of seeing her as I walked, and it was taking me everything I had not to run full sprint.

I rounded the corner of the lobby and walked out of the front doors, seeing her standing there leaning against her bike oh-so casually. It was kind of like a scene out of a movie, the gorgeous badass chick leaning against her bike, arms crossed with that hot smirk plastered on her lips. She seemed so calm and collected while I was over here trying not to trip over my own feet as I walked towards her.

She looks so good, I thought as I took in her tight skinny jeans and her leather jacket. She had a different aura to her tonight, confident yet casual. I could feel my heart speed up as I prepared myself to greet her.

When I got closer she voiced, “Hey.”

I stopped in front of her, “Hey, you’re right on time.”

“Of course I am,” she stood straight and smiled, holding out two helmets towards me, one of them hers and the other I wasn’t sure about. She explained, “Demarcus let me borrow his tonight, just because the last thing I want is to get a ticket while I’m spending time with you.”

I took the familiar black helmet, knowing I wanted Drew’s instead of Demarcus’s. There was comfort in Drew’s, the smell of her shampoo and the warmth from her wearing it here.

She smiled as I slipped her helmet on my head, climbing onto her bike in the process. I wrapped my hands around her, feeling the comfortable warmth of her body against mine. I could feel the electricity flowing between our bodies, the way my heart refused to slow down the entire time I was with her. There was nothing like it, and it wasn’t long before we were speeding down the busy streets of New York.

I was nervous to get to the restaurant where Drew’s full attention would be on me and I really didn’t want to bore her. I wasn’t exciting like she was, and I just wanted her to find me as interesting as I found her.

We ended up making it to the outskirts of the city, the traffic calming down just a bit. She veered off of the road and parked, signaling that we had made it to the restaurant. She climbed off of the bike and turned to me, willing to help me if I needed. I couldn’t help myself as my eyes quickly traveled over her magnificent body, her long, toned legs still teasing me in those tight jeans.