Vincent and the Doctor pt. 3

Start from the beginning

I shook my head as I walked down to where Amy and the Doctor was. "What's happening?" Amy asked. "He told me to get out." I answered. "We're leaving. Everyone knows he's a delicate man. Just months from now he'll...he'll take his own life." the Doctor said. "Don't say that. Please."

The Doctor looked at the picture Prisoners Exercising. "Come on. We have to do this on our own. Go to the church at the right time and hope the monster still turns up." the Doctor explained. "I'm ready. Let's go." Vincent walked out the house with his painting tools and a canvas.

Behind me and the Doctor, Amy and Vincent were chatting. "They sure get along well don't they?" I commented. The Doctor hummed in response. "Should we tell Amy?" I asked. "Tell Amy what?" the Doctor questioned. "Well... you know..." I fiddled my fingers together. "Not now." he grabbed my hand, interlocking our fingers. "Okay. Okay. So, now, we must have a plan. When the creature returns-" the Doctor turned to Amy and Vincent. "Then we shall fight him again." Vincent held his fist in the air. "Well, yes, tick. But last night we were lucky. Amy could have been killed. So this time, for a start, we have to make sure I can see him too."

"And how are we meant to do that, suddenly?" Amy questioned. "The answer's in this box." he pulled out a box from the gizmo. "I had an excellent, but smelly, godmother." the Doctor shrugged. "Oh no, it's that poor girl from the village." Vincent looked behind us. We stood aside as the coffin was carried past with a bouquet of sunflowers atop of it. "You do have a plan, don't you?" Amy asked. "No. It's a thing. It's like a plan, but with more greatness."

"And you'll be sure to tell me if you see any, you know, monsters." the Doctor said. We were standing a good distance from the church. "Yes. While I may be mad, I'm not stupid." Vincent held a paint brush in his hand. "No. Quite. And, to be honest, I'm not sure about mad either. It seems to me depression is a very complex-"

"Shush. I'm working."

"Well, yes. Paint. Do painting! I remember watching Michelangelo painting the Sistine Chapel. Wow! What a whinger. I kept saying to him, look, if you're scared of heights, you shouldn't have taken the job then."

"Shush." I hushed him. "And Picasso. What a ghastly old goat. I kept telling him, concentrate, Pablo. It's one eye, either side of the face."

"Quiet."

It had begun to get dark, the picture was almost finished. "Is this how time normally passes? Really slowly. In the right order. If there's one thing I can't stand, it's an unpunctual alien attack." the Doctor crossed his arms. "Are you okay? You seem a bit, if I didn't know you better, I'd say nervous." Amy said. "Extremely antsy." I scoffed. "Yes, there's something not right and I can't quite put my finger on it."

"There. He's at the window." Vincent pointed. "Where?" the Doctor questioned. "There, on the right."

"As I thought. Come on. I'm going in." he waved to me. "Well I'm coming too." Vincent sat down his brush. "No! You're Vincent Van Gogh. No." I protested. "But he's not armed." Vincent pointed out. "I am." the Doctor told him. "What with?" Vincent asked. "Overconfidence, this," he pointed to the mirror contraption, "and a small screwdriver. I'm absolutely sorted. Just have to find the right crosactic setting and stun him with it. Sonic never fails. Anyway, Amy, Juno, only one thought, one simple instruction. Don't follow me under any circumstances." he pointed. "We won't." we gave a smile as he walked off.

"Will you follow him?" Vincent asked Amy. "Of course." Amy replied. "I love you."

"Has he moved?" I asked. "No. Just shifted to the next window. But, wait! He's turning now." Vincent informed. "Doctor?" I called, running towards the church. "Juno!" Amy yelled.

I saw the Doctor run for the door. "Doctor!" I exclaimed. "Argh! I thought I told you. Never mind. We'll talk about it later. Quick, in here." he pulled me into a cabinet with him. "Absolutely quiet. Can you breath a little quieter, please?" he whispered. "You expect me to breathe quieter?" I whisper-yelled. "Shush." the Doctor covered my mouth. The beast smashed my side of the cabinet, I let out a scream in response. "I think he heard us." the Doctor said. It attacked the other side of the cabinet as well. "That is impressive hearing he's got. What's less impressive are our chances of survival." the Doctor pointed out.

"Hey! Are you looking for me, sonny? Come on, over here. Because I'm right here waiting for you." we looked out and saw Vincent and Amy. He was fending off the Krafayis with a chair. "Come on. Quickly. Get behind me." Vincent ushered us over to him. The Doctor pulled out his sonic screwdriver. "Doing anything?" the Doctor asked. "Uh uh..."

"Where is he?" the Doctor questioned. "Where do you think he is, you idiot? Use your head."

"Anything?"

"Nothing. In fact, he seemed to rather enjoy it."

"Ooo."

"Duck! Left."

The Doctor was thrown against a wall. "Right, sorry. Your right, my left." Vincent shrugged. "This is no good at all. Run like crazy and regroup." the Doctor said. "Oh, come on, in here." Amy pulled us into a crypt.